The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this unreasonable?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Am i being unreasonable?

• Yes. Ditch the car and kill your dreams you bastard.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 27, 2017
Adelaide, South Australia
Hi fastlaners,
I've been having a disagreement with my slowlane fiance.
One of my dream cars is a nissan 300zx. Last year i purchased one as a rolling shell with the intention of building it from scratch with my two sons (aged 5 and 1) over the years as a hobby we can share together.
To pay for it, i service an extra client (i own a house cleaning business) every second saturday for $275. I buy parts after saving up the cash for them and nothing is purchased on credit. I service the client myself. I give my fiance the opposite saturday to do with as she pleases while i look after the boys.
My business does reasonably well and pays all of our bills, while giving me enough time to spend with my family and study around 20 hours per week.
My fiance thinks I'm being selfish and that i should spend the money on improving the house or paying down our mortgage.
In my opinion, i'm training myself to stay away from instant gratification, teaching my boys the value of saving, building something we can enjoy as a family when it's finished, and doing it all after everything else is finished. Of course there is also the selfish motive of doing something for myself, but i dont believe i'm being unreasonable.
What are your thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio