The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this SCRIPTSpeak?

AfterWind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 23, 2017
Romania
At university, today, the teacher complained about the number of students attending her classes and that she had to repeat herself many times because of it.

I rebutted this argument saying that she should hustle more because that is the purpose of a teacher, to teach others and make it interesting, make it stick and repeat as many times as needed.

Instead of agreeing with me she started saying: "Is it my job to repeat the same sentence to every and each of you individually?".

I replied to that with: "Yes, of course, 5, 10, 20, 100 times if necessary, that is your purpose as a teacher"

She started laughing... and then asked: "As a student, what are your responsibilities?" and I replied: "In the current day and age, minimum responsibility is to just pass the course. (get 50%)"

At that point she started defending her stance saying that why should she do so much work and we shouldn't. Most other students were saying that I don't know how hard it is to teach... at that point, I stopped arguing, realized there's no point.

Is this SCRIPTSpeak? Have you encountered this before?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is this SCRIPTSpeak?

No.

But it sounds like a bunch of people doing stuff they resent, the teacher and students alike. In other words, they are there because of the SCRIPT and would rather be doing other things. The teacher forgot she is there to educate, and the students forgot they are there to learn.

Sad.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.