Hi everybody,
I am fairly new on the road of entrepreneurship. Though I have past experience starting low rent businesses that only ever saw minor success making around $2,000 DJing various weddings and events and building a few websites for some small businesses though I would not call this significant experience. Despite that, for some reason, the idea of starting a business and making not just a little money but more money than I have ever made in my life (currently the most I have ever made in a month is 5500 before taxes) seems so foreign. Simply the concept of seeing even 7,000 hit my bank account from a business seems so wild to me, though I would love to see it happen. So my question is for those who have more experience in this, did the idea of making money from your business ventures ever seem foreign to you, and if your mindset did shift what was the moment that it did? Did you always feel like it was the most natural thing in the world to be paid for the value you provided in your businesses?
The reason I am asking this is that I want to know if this is simply a normal part of the journey of entrepreneurship or if there is some issue of my mindset that I need to address.
Thanks for reading and whatever feedback you choose to leave
Steeltip
I am fairly new on the road of entrepreneurship. Though I have past experience starting low rent businesses that only ever saw minor success making around $2,000 DJing various weddings and events and building a few websites for some small businesses though I would not call this significant experience. Despite that, for some reason, the idea of starting a business and making not just a little money but more money than I have ever made in my life (currently the most I have ever made in a month is 5500 before taxes) seems so foreign. Simply the concept of seeing even 7,000 hit my bank account from a business seems so wild to me, though I would love to see it happen. So my question is for those who have more experience in this, did the idea of making money from your business ventures ever seem foreign to you, and if your mindset did shift what was the moment that it did? Did you always feel like it was the most natural thing in the world to be paid for the value you provided in your businesses?
The reason I am asking this is that I want to know if this is simply a normal part of the journey of entrepreneurship or if there is some issue of my mindset that I need to address.
Thanks for reading and whatever feedback you choose to leave
Steeltip
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
