The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this a Fastlane Formula/Strategy?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

PJ Pahygiannis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 6, 2014
Olney, Maryland
I will have $10,000 in the next two weeks to work with

$10,000 budget

Goal: $1,500 in passive income per day

Strategy
Buy 286 cash flowing wesites for $35 each
Each site produces $5.25 per day through Adsense (a buying requirement)
286 x 5.25 = $1,500 per day
$10,500 per week (7 days)
$21,000 per month after taxes
$1,500 x 30 days a month = $45,000 per month

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
Find a way to make those sites add VALUE to people's lives and it might be sustainable.

Otherwise you'll just piss away $10k, not add value to anything, and have 286 crap sites to your name

Find a problem, solve the problem, add value, and worry about the money later

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
You will get banned from adsense in less than 2 weeks and pufffff.... all money is gone. I have earned a lot with adsense last year but I wouldn't do it again. It's a huge pain. Unless your sites are legit and genuinely provide value. Still Google can ban your @$$ with 1 click and all your money disappears.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Is there a way to stop it? Is the consensus that Adsense is the BAD way to monetize?
The sites you are buying are going to be Made for Adsense sites. They usually get banned pretty quickly because of poor design.

With these sites your aren't providing anything to the end user. Just a pointless middle man. Google doesn't like paying pointless middlemen. So they kill them.

PJ Pahygiannis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 6, 2014
Olney, Maryland
The sites you are buying are going to be Made for Adsense sites. They usually get banned pretty quickly because of poor design.

With these sites your aren't providing anything to the end user. Just a pointless middle man. Google doesn't like paying pointless middlemen. So they kill them.

Seriously, why do you assume that?

Here are the 3 I bought so far! Tell me if you think these sites are pointless!

PinXPets.com
TrompiGames.com
gamedue.com

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
take a peice of paper, write down how much you have to spend. 10K. Great.
Now throw that paper away.

Get a new paper. Write down, "What problem can I solve for people?" and "How can I serve alot of people?"

Then write down all you ideas.

Then pick one.
Then get so entrenched with solving the problem, the thought of money goes away.

Spend all your 10K solving that problem.
Money will come in automatically if you can solve the problem

Works for me :) Lol

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

$10,000 budget

Strategy

Ask yourself this. If you could turn $10,000 into $45,000 a month that easily. Why are the rest of us not doing it this way?

A better strategy would be to build those crappy websites at $10 a piece and sell them to someone who doesn't know any better for $35 each.

PJ Pahygiannis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 6, 2014
Olney, Maryland
Thanks guys! I wasn't offended- just a little confused. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to generate a STEADY stream of passive income (my goal is around $100 per day). I'm a college Freshmen. I started/ran 2 businesses from 2011-2014.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Then start listening. We gave you the same advice a couple days ago in another thread, but you still went out and pissed away a few hundred bucks at 3 shitty sites. Lets hope in 1-2 weeks you still have that 10k.

PJ Pahygiannis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 6, 2014
Olney, Maryland
theag, I thought this forum was about supporting BIG, AUDACIOUS dreams? I see guys posting about how its possible to make 100k in a MONTH!

This post was my motivation "There's plenty of guys out there who run profitable portfolios of hundreds of sites. Most of their portfolios are comprised of niche info sites that utilize Amazon or Adsense. Spencer over at Niche Pursuits comes to mind. If I recall correctly he's really big on this model. I've been interested in this model for a while now, but haven't had the time or capital to really make a go at it. As I understand it, you basically act as a property manager for your sites, oversee the outsourcing and managing of content writers, oversee the editing and publication of said content to the sites, oversee and analyze traffic/revenue data to constantly work on adjusting/improve your portfolio and selling off under-preforming sites, consistently be on the look out for new, profitable properties to add to your portfolio (which requires being able to accurately valuate potential additions), etc."

PJ Pahygiannis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 6, 2014
Olney, Maryland
Then start listening. We gave you the same advice a couple days ago in another thread, but you still went out and pissed away a few hundred bucks at 3 shitty sites. Lets hope in 1-2 weeks you still have that 10k.

How do YOU define a shitty site? What's a quality site?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

$10,000 budget

Goal:

Here. I modified your original post to stop you where you started to get the mindset that goes with the Fastlane principles. This forum and the book attached to it are successes because they help a VERY SPECIFIC GROUP OF PEOPLE - Startup entrepreneurs like yourself. Some of the posts on here provide enough value where people keep coming back for more. The first book has changed many lives...

and here is the cool thing, when MJ launches a second book (second product)..this second product will be valuable to the same type of customers he formed a community with.

So imagine in the future when you want to launch a second product... Wouldn't it be nice to have a userbase that is already interested in it? OR would you prefer a network of different sites that just get sporadic traffic?

So you have three options here:

1- You go with this strategy, put $10,000 up into those sites, and maybe you make some money..or maybe you lose it all.. who knows. Anything can happen.
2- You re-adjust your plan, and find an idea that provides value to a VERY specific group of people, and build a customer base/following of those people, so you can market to them in the future and grow a business, and not a 'quick money' thing
3- You sit on your behind and debate what to do for 6 months and get nothing accomplished. So many people do #3

It sounds like the opinion of the majority of people here (including myself) view #2 as your best route.... BUT if you know for a fact that you're not going to take that and are so caught up on this one idea.... Just roll with #1, be prepared to make $40,000 and also be prepared to lose $10,000 because both are possible. Unlike sitting on your behind.... taking any action is better than nothing.

Hope that helps.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
theag, I thought this forum was about supporting BIG, AUDACIOUS dreams? I see guys posting about how its possible to make 100k in a MONTH!

This post was my motivation "There's plenty of guys out there who run profitable portfolios of hundreds of sites. Most of their portfolios are comprised of niche info sites that utilize Amazon or Adsense. Spencer over at Niche Pursuits comes to mind. If I recall correctly he's really big on this model. I've been interested in this model for a while now, but haven't had the time or capital to really make a go at it. As I understand it, you basically act as a property manager for your sites, oversee the outsourcing and managing of content writers, oversee the editing and publication of said content to the sites, oversee and analyze traffic/revenue data to constantly work on adjusting/improve your portfolio and selling off under-preforming sites, consistently be on the look out for new, profitable properties to add to your portfolio (which requires being able to accurately valuate potential additions), etc."

Yeah seems like you missed this response:

"If I remember correctly, I recently read on his site that he got hit hard by Google because he was using private blog networks and most of his revenue and traffic tanked."

And thats a guy who knows his stuff, has a lot of experience, etc. He still got hit hard. So guess what will happen to you if you jump into this blindly? Right.

I mean, you can do what you want with your money, but seems like the majority opinion here is that there are smarter ways to invest it.

katly007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 17, 2011
Hawaii
You need to come up with a new plan. That's not a good strategy at all.

A few years ago I sold all my adsense sites when they still had value for $800-2000 each because they were making money every month but it was fluctuating and not consistent. I worked hard on all the original content and did some linking. But it was hard work for very little money. But they still require work and maintenance. So if I put in all that work and after I sold it, 1-2 year later and the sites are all pretty much gone, that tells you it's not going to be a consistent money making thing.

So how much time/effort do you think someone would put in to make a $35 website? LOL, probably not a lot. How long do you think it will last? You're lucky if it'll even generate money after you bought it. It's probably not original content, more like PLR (private label rights articles) which will get you dropped from the search engines.

Do you think you can grow and maintain that many sites? Probably not.

What happens if you bought it and it makes no money or only pennies? You'd have lost all your money on a bunch of crappy sites.

If you want to focus on a good project that is valuable and you can grow it, then find something that is valuable. 1 or 2 project or websites and grow those, and spend time to work on it to make it better.

People telling you that something isn't likely going to work is giving you their advice from previous experience and not trying to be negative. You just need to adjust your thinking and plan.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Yeah seems like you missed this response:

"If I remember correctly, I recently read on his site that he got hit hard by Google because he was using private blog networks and most of his revenue and traffic tanked."

And thats a guy who knows his stuff, has a lot of experience, etc. He still got hit hard. So guess what will happen to you if you jump into this blindly? Right.

I mean, you can do what you want with your money, but seems like the majority opinion here is that there are smarter ways to invest it.
Yep he did get hit. This system isn't about creating value... it's about tricking Google. That isn't aligned with what TFM teaches.

Can you make money with it? Maybe... but the big money with buying/owning niche sites is long gone... you could make a killing with it 5 years ago but Google got smarter and they are getting smarter every day.

BTW do you know how Spencer over at Niche Pursuits make most of his money? With the software he sells to his readers... he is basically selling shovels to all the people in search for the easy gold and his blog is his sales funnel.
Think about it... he creates REAL VALUE by creating a software that solves a problem for his customers.

On another note... do you know what the guy selling the "what toys to buy for my little dog" niche website does after he has sold the website? He will create another "what toys to buy for my little dog" niche website and will sell it to another person that seeks the easy way to passive income. As long as people are buying this sites he will keep creating them over and over again.
What does this meanfor you? This means that you will get more and more competition fighting for the top 3 places in google.
This system would only work if Google would never change their algorithm, if adsense etc. would never ban you and if no one would every create content for this niche again.

So, long story short don't do it.
I would rather spend the 10k on one great branded website and would strive to make this website even better. But I wouldn't buy any website that is based on Googles Algorithm because of lack of control which once again isn't aligned with what TFM teaches.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Really hope you didnt buy too many sites like that. They could have been put together in 10 minutes.....ok 20.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

$10,000 budget

Strategy
This is a stupid idea.

However, if you're in love with it, try this...

Buy 3 sites. Get them, if you can to your goal.
Then more, then more.

Report back in 3 months.

Or, save your money. Read the book and spend 3 months studying here.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Study this thread closely folks as I see it as a perfected example of a money focus over a value focus. Value attracts money and yet despite that relationship, this person has decided to ignore value... Kinda like the astrobiologist who wants to find life, but wants to ignore water.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Study this thread closely folks as I see it as a perfected example of a money focus over a value focus. Value attracts money and yet despite that relationship, this person has decided to ignore value... Kinda like the astrobiologist who wants to find life, but wants to ignore water.
Chase the cat, it will run away from you. Hold out treats, it will come towards you.

Chase money, it will never find you. Add value, money will be attracted to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.