The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there a business registry that allows you to find newly registered businesses?

being.simon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 1, 2019
Kind of like sorting by "new" so to speak. Or registered in a certain timeframe. I found one for Germany, but no luck with international or american so far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Do you have a link to Germany s?

being.simon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 1, 2019

Here. You can sort "Neueintragungen" (new entries) or even enter specific dates for registry. If I could have this for an english country, that would be great.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Thanks. But in the Handelsregister you only are registered upon a special size or if you want. I m not yet.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
Kind of like sorting by "new" so to speak. Or registered in a certain timeframe. I found one for Germany, but no luck with international or american so far.

In the U.S., business registrations happen at the state level, so you'd have to go state by state. The listing systems are different for each, so some would likely make it easier to find the information you want than others.

I'm in Illinois, and this type of search must be fairly easy here, because I was spammed relentlessly after registering my LLC

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
In the US new businesses are public record. It's as simple as asking for them. Businesses in the US are registered at the state level or sometimes at the County level if you register a DBA and not as a corporation or LLC. Most DBAs are hobby type businesses since there is no liability protection. Anyone who is serious about their business isn't forming a DBA.

Just search for the Department of State in whatever US state you're looking at for. Each state has their own system for how you can request records. I'm in New York-- you can PM if you have questions.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
In the U.S., business registrations happen at the state level, so you'd have to go state by state. The listing systems are different for each, so some would likely make it easier to find the information you want than others.

I'm in Illinois, and this type of search must be fairly easy here, because I was spammed relentlessly after registering my LLC
Some company keeps sending me free pens, and the uline catalogs are an awesome substitute for dumbells to keep in shape. I strongly recommend everyone incorporate for these reasons alone!

bbar97

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 1, 2017
South Carolina
Hmmm... I wonder if you could get access to the data from each state and compile it into a search aggregator to make a tool that allows people to do what you're looking to do. Interesting potential website

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
Just curious...why do you want this info?

I just found mine for my state (NC) and it's basically just a ton of business names with no real information about what they do. Are you strictly targeting brand new businesses regardless of industry/service?

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
Was it a lot of web designers, incidentally?

I was getting spammed almost daily by web designers before I registered my business (and SEO "experts")--all you have to do to trigger that landslide is register a domain and not hide your contact information.

What came in after was actually more business service oriented--things like payroll services and insurers.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
Some company keeps sending me free pens, and the uline catalogs are an awesome substitute for dumbells to keep in shape. I strongly recommend everyone incorporate for these reasons alone!

Totally OT, but this popped into my head when you mentioned Uline and I thought it might be useful info for some: Uline does business credit reporting even on rinky-dink net-30 accounts, so if you don't have a business credit file and are looking to get established, that's one easy step you can take.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
The answer is.... Library.
I think ICK mentioned it in some older threads.

Yes, libraries have moved online and give access to lot's of useful business and personal information online entirely free.
And if you have a library account with your public library you should have access to
ReferenceUSA
(you can only access the useful information through logging into your library account and then redirected to the website through the libraries proxy).
And in there should be a separate link specifically for new businesses registrations.

Also. Libraries have so much amazing content for free.. ebooks, music, learning languages, AUDIOBOOKS, and so much more.

being.simon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 1, 2019
I was getting spammed almost daily by web designers before I registered my business (and SEO "experts")--all you have to do to trigger that landslide is register a domain and not hide your contact information.
Damn. Well, of course I'm not the first one to have thought of it. I'm gonna consider other options.

being.simon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 1, 2019
The answer is.... Library.
I think ICK mentioned it in some older threads.

Yes, libraries have moved online and give access to lot's of useful business and personal information online entirely free.
And if you have a library account with your public library you should have access to
ReferenceUSA
(you can only access the useful information through logging into your library account and then redirected to the website through the libraries proxy).
And in there should be a separate link specifically for new businesses registrations.

Also. Libraries have so much amazing content for free.. ebooks, music, learning languages, AUDIOBOOKS, and so much more.

I suppose US library access requires US citizenship so that's a nogo for me.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Yes we used to do that at the bank to try to get business accounts hahahahaha

There is a list because it's public but my branch manager got it for us, I don't know where he got it from, probably the state website

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
Damn. Well, of course I'm not the first one to have thought of it. I'm gonna consider other options.

I'm just one person, so take this for what it's worth, but when I got a physical postcard in the mail from a designer that was really nice looking, I held on to that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.