The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

is it wrong trying to become millionaire in 2 year when you earn $0?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hi fastlaners,
as you all are experienced, I would like to know your opinion on the question in the title?
for context:
I do have specialized skills in app development and tech in general as I am a fast learner.
I am about to get out of college with 0 debt, and building a freelance app development business using my personal brand which I am building right now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Is it wrong to eat food?
Is it wrong to want to eat an excessive amount of food and get fat?
Is it wrong to want to eat a bit of food, and help other people to also eat food?
Is it wrong to give some of your food to poor/homeless people?

I think you get my point... It's up to you to decide what is "right" and what is "wrong". You could become a millionaire by stealing millions, or you could become a millionaire by solving a need (which would make people's lives better) and they would reward you with a few dollars... Some people believe that the one route is the best way to go, and some the other, and some in-between. Figure out which road you want to take.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Is it wrong to eat food?
Is it wrong to want to eat an excessive amount of food and get fat?
Is it wrong to want to eat a bit of food, and help other people to also eat food?
Is it wrong to give some of your food to poor/homeless people?

I think you get my point... It's up to you to decide what is "right" and what is "wrong". You could become a millionaire by stealing millions, or you could become a millionaire by solving a need (which would make people's lives better) and they would reward you with a few dollars... Some people believe that the one route is the best way to go, and some the other, and some in-between. Figure out which road you want to take.
thanks for your reply.
my intension for asking the question is, is it delusional or crazy target for a short time period?

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
thanks for your reply.
my intension for asking the question is, is it delusional or crazy target for a short time period?
I've tried for 6 years and haven't got there haha (that's not to say that you wont). In my experience after all these years, I've noticed that the reason we don't get to where we want to be in a certain amount of time is because the countless mistakes we've made and all those mistakes blow a MASSIVE amount of our time away.

Unfortunately avoiding mistakes is somewhat impossible. Lack of knowledge is what causes mistakes and when you start off it's normal and you have no choice but to lack knowledge. That's what will cause your mistakes. If you get get a mentor would really help in alot of roadblocks that you will run into

If you were to have someone to hold you hand throughout the whole process it (with anything in life) you would achieve things much faster.

Best of luck mate.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London

No.

Now go do it.
Cool?

But what if you now get to the end of year two & aren't a millionaire.
Does that mean you were crazy & delusional after all?
Does that mean I (a stranger on the internet) am for telling you you're not?
Does it matter?

Instead I would try looking at like this - is it a helpful goal for you to have?

Ways it could be helpful:

- it lights a fire under your a$$ as you realise how much you have to do to get there, & you start taking massive action

- it encourages you to think bigger than just clearing out the garage & flipping the contents/dropshipping some random trinkets because you think by selling them cheapest you'll win all the custom/freelancing your own skills & time - yup, to hit a million within two years, you're probably going to have to leverage some other people's time & skills at some point - even if it is under your personal brand.

- it encourages you to think creatively about how you can produce that much value in that span of time.

Ways it could be unhelpful:

- if goal seems overwhelming & you shut down.

- it stops you thinking even bigger & setting yourself up for a massive exit further down the road.

- it puts you in the mindset of money chasing.

Only you know the effect having that goal has on you.

Maybe it's a perfectly fine goal for you, but you need a "why?" to go in conjunction with it.
Maybe it's all the drive you need.
Maybe you need a more helpful goal.

Only you know.

I don't.
All I know right now is that you're worried it might be delusional.
And you came here to check that.
Is it because we "all are experienced" as you put it & you genuinely don't know yet & think we do?
Or is it because you wanted a group of people known for telling people to "go for it" to also (surprise surprise) tell you to "go for it"? (i.e. looking in a biased placed for the confirmation you want)
Or are you looking for permission to have this goal?

If so, I (a stranger on the internet) hereby grant you permission to think becoming a millionaire in two years is possible, and even probable if you manage to find ways & develop systems to create such an amount of value within that timeframe. I grant you permission to set it as a goal for yourself. I hereby decree that you are not necessarily crazy because of this.

So go take some action.

Then, if needed, you can adjust your expectations based on the results of that action. Then you should take some more action.

Now go do it.
Cool?

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Like the book unscripted preaches, focus on providing value and not money chasing. If you have skills, figure out how to put them to use in ways that will both benefit people (provide value) and allow you to earn and expand your growth potential. If you're young, you may need the financial stability of a 9-5 while building something from the ground up.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Like the book unscripted preaches, focus on providing value and not money chasing. If you have skills, figure out how to put them to use in ways that will both benefit people (provide value) and allow you to earn and expand your growth potential. If you're young, you may need the financial stability of a 9-5 while building something from the ground up.
Its my 2nd time reading unscripted and I have read TMF a year ago.

for context recently I did an Internship full time for 6 months and hated it. so don't what do the job, I do have some time in my college(9 months). Have to earn $11000 so I don't have to do the job, which is my next goal.

Last edited:

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
Any goal is better than no goal. After I learned the idea of goal setting from nobody else but Brian Tracy, I put it into practice by setting what I thought were 10 very modest goals for the year ahead. Believe it or not, I accomplished exactly zero of those. Simply setting a goal does not guarantee its accomplishment. However, it still helped me make more progress.

Several years from that day I have accomplished more than half of those. I would not say the goals gave me the fire to take massive action. Rather I needed countless repetition of goals to imprint them in my mind, combined with external accountability, to sustain at least moderate action.

However, I cherish those results more than much more impressive accomplishments that came naturally to me because I had picked goals that actually made a difference for my life.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Is the motto of this forum wrong?

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Hi fastlaners,
as you all are experienced, I would like to know your opinion on the question in the title?
for context:
I do have specialized skills in app development and tech in general as I am a fast learner.
I am about to get out of college with 0 debt, and building a freelance app development business using my personal brand which I am building right now.
Wrong question.

Can you provide something to the marketplace that is of sufficient value, that it can make you a millionaire within two years?

Re-read the book.
Money is the by-product.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
lol

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Is the motto of this forum wrong?
No sir, Its just as mj advices.
Get a job first, but as i already mentioned in my previous post I wont like my job from past experience.
So I am trying to build a job for myself.
Then step to productocracy.

Aiming for 200k is realistic and my actual goal which will somewhat give me financial freedom, but its not a streatch goal and does not send Shiver down my spine.

Love to hear your thoughts on this point of view

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.