The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it possible?

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Hey everyone at the forum, I have a question which I hope I can get some worth while answers to.

As you may or may not no, I am currently bankrupt woohoo, right now in this present moment my day consists of 6 hours of walking cycling, cleaning up, reading & just being creative with what I have lying around the house, for instance I scrounged a few bits of wood together yesterday and made a meditation stool :)

Some how I managed to get myself a job, which I really never thought would happen.

I am however starting this job in August, this is still a little while a way and I am finding myself get a little frustrated at the limitations a lack of money oppose on my standard of living.

I have zero, nothing, not even a penny right now woohoo, so my question to you all is How do you make money or become more active in financial transactions when you have zero to start with? Is this even possible without resorting to selling drugs or stealing? This might sound low of me, but desperate situations really do decieve the mind, I have never stolen anything in my life and am too scared of karma for that fact.

Every single idea I have requires a small investment, last year I had to sell my car and most of my possesions so dont really have anything to sell, I sold it all and bought an apple macbook from some e-thug who stole my money *sheesh

I fixed a friends computer the other day and he is going to give me £30 next week, so if I stay in the present hopefully I will be able to double this money.

Has anyone got any ideas I could utilise?

Your advice would be sound

Blessings and thanks in advance:iamwithstupid:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Start from the ground up. Make a plan as to what you want to achieve. Most people who are just after money won't get it. You need to make a plan on what you need to have done. Literally spend days/weeks writing and thinking and making this list. What is it you truly want in life. How are you going to achieve that. Anything is possible. You just need to know the steps in between. Set small goals, benchmarks.

If everything needs money to start then you will need to trade your time in order to earn the money needed to start whatever it is you wish to do. Whatever you decide to do, needs to provide others with value by solving a problem or fulfilling a need.

Last but not least, focus on providing that value and not the money. The money will come from the value you give.

The hardest part is execution. Every day wake up and go hard at achieving your goals with hyper focus and passion.

Good luck!!!

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
In all honesty I do have a major concentration issue, it has been like this since I was a kid, I also have dyslexia which I now believe is a blessing.

Your right, I am familiar with the saying "Those who fail to plan, plan to fail", I do have a tendancy to jump around like a ball in a pinball machine.

For once though in my life I finally know what I want to do, and in actual fact I believe I have discovered who I am. I have done my research into myself, therefore know my weaknesses and my strengths.

I certainly agree with everything you are saying, and even today I had a bout of grattitude for this site and everything everyone does here.

Some of the posts people write here hold so much value especially PhxMj, I try to think of an exact idea that is worth a million, forgetting that with the values and knowledge learnt here I could implement this into any business and be a success.

Right now, my day consists of waking up and running around the local park, reading and cycling or walking. I am happy with this, but I have found the more conscious I become the more lonely I become, I truly spend everyday with myself, so at times its hard to control the self doubt.

Even with all this running and fitness and reading, I still struggle to stay positive when I feel like a slave and lack the financial freedom I desire.

Have you got any tips on how to plan, I have never been academic or obtained study skills.

I know what I want to be, I am starting a job in August WOOHOOO, but only in my head have I got my get out of debt plan.

Do you think I should put this on paper, and again any ideas on how to plan my life will be great.

Blessings and thanks

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Well sir, you have come to the right place.

To start, you must understand that in ten years you will surely arrive... the question is... where?

A small change in daily disciplines, daily habits fast forwarded 10 years will make a huge difference in whether you end up a "success" or a "failure". But someone at some point and ask you the tough questions. A coach, a family member, a mentor, somebody. Here's the first couple of tough questions you can answer to get you on the right track:

1. How many books have you read in the past 90 days to get you where you want to be in the next 10 years?

2. How much money have you saved and invested in the past 90 days?

3. How many classes, seminars, webinars have you attended in the past 90 days to give you the skills that will get you where you want to be in 10 years?

These sometimes are tough questions to answer! Now they can't all be 0s because you are here. So you can count this forum as something. If you are at 0s today it is just because of your daily disciplines.

I've got a key phrase for you: Take care of the days and the years will take care of themselves.

So you come here and say "I'm not doing so well!" Well, my first suggestion is to not do that anymore! :smxB:

If you want the valuable things in life, the treasures, the equities, the finer things, we put those things on the higher shelves where you cannot reach unless you stand on the books you read.

The first book I recommend to fix your current financial predicament? The Richest Man in Babylon by George Classon.

That certainly started to turn my personal finances around, and while I don't yet have everything I want, I am well on my way to my dream of financial success. I sometimes pop in my audio version of this book as a reminder and motivation to keep on keeping on.

Want to know how to fix your debt? It's in there. Want to know how to start with nothing? Start from zero? It's in there.

I have another key phrase for you: You cannot achieve financial abundance without some kind of financial stability.

I don't know about you but I couldn't focus on achieving millions when all I wanted was to eat when I was homeless. Achieve some stability and get to work on your fortune. In the meantime "mind your own business". Work your day job and come up with your fastlane plan part time, on the side. Read the books, attend the classes, expand your philosophy, increase your skills, and soon enough you will find yourself down the road of success. If I did it, a broke kid from the city surrounded by drugs and gangs, you can do it too.

Good luck and as the legendary Zig Ziglar says: I'll see you at the top :thumbsup:

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
1.I have read 2 books in the past 90 days, the first book was called The Secrect Doctrine Of The Rosacruican Order and the second I am nearly finishing which is The Prince By Nicollo

2.I have saved nothing in the past 90 days, it really is impossible as I am unemployed, I have just enough to buy food which is generally quite cheap as I eat alot of raw foods and veggies, I love the look on peoples face when they see me munching a red bell pepper :)

3.Again this is a 0, all of these seminars cost money, I really would love to learn Tai Chi and Hatha Yoga, again these are small costs but I truly cant afford them right now.

Wow, if your recomendation is not a sign from God then I dont know what is. My last spare bit of change I spent on this book last week, most of my books I print off on my printer, but I really wanted this in original format to hold in my hands and read.

It is sitting right in front of me as we speak, I bought it for £3 including delivery off ebay! Bargain!

Thanks so much for this advice, im so thankful I used my brain and bought this book, I have a few pages left of the Prince but the anticipation to pick up this book after your comments is quite overwhelming, I can feel the energy and goosebumps as I write.

Wow what a story, your very inspirational Kung Fu Steve. Your story is quite amazing and Its stories like yours that make me appreciate what I do have rather than what I dont.

I dont have much right now, but jeez I could not fathom the pain of living in the streets, your a true soldier and you have my upmost respect sir!

My job is truly perfect, I work wednesday to saturday from 5.30 in the morning to 3.30, I really cant wait to get my debt paid off and be in work once again.

I am going to be cycling first thing as well, amazing, this time is when the birds all collobrate and create music, plus the 16 mile journey everyday will be an extra bit of fitness.

THANKS SO MUCH MR MIYAGI I mean Kung FU Steve *Ahem

Blessings and much light

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Wow, if your recomendation is not a sign from God then I dont know what is.

Oh come now, I'm no god, I don't think that highly of myself :smxB:.

Good luck friend, keep us posted on your journey!

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Hahaha, you misunderstood, I said a sign from God, the fact I just had the book arrive in my post a few days before, then a great example of someone who made the transition also recommending the same book was the sign, to sit down and really study the pages.

I will certainly keep everyone posted.

Actually my idea here is to record like a journalists the exact changes in my life, it will be the story in my book. I want to show how people must change the way they think, in order to change what they see.

Blessings

P.S * HIYYAA *Judo Chop

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
It's very possible... I believe when you have a limited budget, it's even more helpful to an entrepreneur, because you become extremely creative.

If I were you, I wouldn't focus on the million dollar business right away. I'd focus more on increasing my capital: reselling items, jobs, ect. then when you get back on your feet, you can put more focus towards building a business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.