Hi everyone,
I am a highly tax-efficiency motivated investor because to me taxes are like the anti-compounding interest that kills your investment. I've been reading threads on and off on this forum for a while now and have also always known that I would eventually invest in real estate, however I am unsure of the best way to structure the investments and have been researching and trying to come up with tax-efficient ways to invest in real estate. So far I've failed to discover a really good way to do it...
I am currently the sole owner of a c-corp that will profit approx 600/700K this year, which I am expecting to grow to 1M next year. My fiance and I are relatively frugal and would much rather invest most of that money in to our future than spend it now. I would like to purchase a commercial property within the next 1-2 years (to operate out of) and also to lease the additional space for income. The problem is, it would most likely require a couple of years to produce the down-payment I would need to purchase say a 5 million dollar piece of commercial real estate. But that would mean that every year I would be hit with the 21% corp tax rate. Is there a way to somehow stash away the extra profit from the c-corp in some sort of investment vehicle and then access that money to purchase the commercial property a couple of years later?
As an example, since I am the sole owner of the c-corp, can I construct some sort of retirement investment fund that I could contribute 500K to every year (thus pre-tax), then use this retirement investment fund to down-pay the commercial property I want in a couple of years?
Or could I leave the profit in the corporation but not realize the gains on paper until the day I'm looking to make the downpayment for the property? (would much rather do the former, if possible though because don't want to risk having a bunch of money stuck in the corporation if I don't have to)
There must be a more tax-efficient way to buy a commercial property to operate out of for my corporation. Does anyone know how it would be possible?
I am a highly tax-efficiency motivated investor because to me taxes are like the anti-compounding interest that kills your investment. I've been reading threads on and off on this forum for a while now and have also always known that I would eventually invest in real estate, however I am unsure of the best way to structure the investments and have been researching and trying to come up with tax-efficient ways to invest in real estate. So far I've failed to discover a really good way to do it...
I am currently the sole owner of a c-corp that will profit approx 600/700K this year, which I am expecting to grow to 1M next year. My fiance and I are relatively frugal and would much rather invest most of that money in to our future than spend it now. I would like to purchase a commercial property within the next 1-2 years (to operate out of) and also to lease the additional space for income. The problem is, it would most likely require a couple of years to produce the down-payment I would need to purchase say a 5 million dollar piece of commercial real estate. But that would mean that every year I would be hit with the 21% corp tax rate. Is there a way to somehow stash away the extra profit from the c-corp in some sort of investment vehicle and then access that money to purchase the commercial property a couple of years later?
As an example, since I am the sole owner of the c-corp, can I construct some sort of retirement investment fund that I could contribute 500K to every year (thus pre-tax), then use this retirement investment fund to down-pay the commercial property I want in a couple of years?
Or could I leave the profit in the corporation but not realize the gains on paper until the day I'm looking to make the downpayment for the property? (would much rather do the former, if possible though because don't want to risk having a bunch of money stuck in the corporation if I don't have to)
There must be a more tax-efficient way to buy a commercial property to operate out of for my corporation. Does anyone know how it would be possible?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
