The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Etherum (Or Smart Contract in general) still worth looking into it?

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
As some may have seen I am looking for a new field to expand too.
I am an electrical engineering and doing my bachelor thesis and have some additional time to spare now.
As I want to use this time I was thinking about doing game development. As this may help my programming skills its doesn't help me otherwise.
I currently know that Etherum is pretty big now. I was thinking about creating my own smart contract. Here in Germany a lot of stuff it still very old school where you have to send paper documents and wait weeks for it.
Nevertheless Etherum is out for a while now. I have seen already a few people offering their services. I am not new to programming but new to etherum.

Is it still worth to put in some time for it or should I keep looking for other opportunities ?

Greetings Losspost

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dora Wi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 19, 2020
Hungary
I think blockchain technology and smart contracts definitely have a future. Now the hype is all about cryptocurrencies, there are many projects out there, but at this point their usability is questionable because it is very far from mainstream acceptance, and the lack of clear-cut regulations make the crypto sphere quite difficult to navigate. Currently most people use cryptos to speculate on the price and invest or trade. At least that's how I see it.
I would say it is definitely worth learning about it and possibly creating your own business out of it. The only thing I would be wary about is that we don't know what direction regulations will take in the future.

PeterBoss

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 17, 2020
London
TBH you can probably get something going in Solidity quite quickly, the language itself it's not that complex. Where you will find a bit more challenge is when designing the rules that will structure your smart contracts.
That is just talking about the technology itself. What you should focus on, if you are looking to start a business is not the tech, it's the problems that you want to solve.
People that work on tech usually get too attached to certain technical challenges, instead of the actual value they can bring to people/businesses.

Find a problem you want to solve, then use the tools you need to solve them. Most of the time, you don't even need very advanced tech applications, or sometimes none at all.

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
Definitely there are opportunities in Ethereum and other blockchains.
Blockchain is the most used in terms of smart contracts so definitely wouldn't be wasted time.
Interoperability between blockchain is another popular topic of discussion and development but you probably need to master one blockchain first.

Totally agree with PeterBoss, think what you want to solve and find the technology to solve it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.