The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is dropshipping dead?

monerap

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Dec 30, 2014
Hey guys

Whenever I research dropshipping, I see so many people say "Dropshipping is dead, it has this advantages and that advantages..."
Everybody is negative about it.

What do you think about it? Is it worth it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Ecommerce keeps blowing up. The barrier for entry is getting easier and easier for dropshipping. I've learned that if it is easy to do, it will be hard to make money.

G

GuestUser141

I,m amazed drop-shipping has evolved this far,as you market for a lead and give your supplier the long term customer.If your take this route then affiliate programs,at least give an ongoing income for your marketing efforts.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
I'm sure you've exhausted Google...have you tried Bing?

Fun fact: this very forum has a search function too, it's just hidden up at the top. Here's 40 pages of gold to get you started: Ask Me Anything About Ecommerce
The thread was 2012. Started 4 years ago.
Here is a recent quote from the OP :
"Jason, remember that my website was created in 2007. The things that I did 8 years ago mean nothing to the current landscape today. I will still answer you, but you will see how implementing any of these things today would not work.

1) I did SEO, got my site to #2 on google using link building, articles, link pyramids, link wheels, etc...
2) I posted on forums and used my sig link to build more links
3) I used PPC and was paying $.03 a click

I don't know what venue had the best ROI, I just did them all. I looked at Google analytics maybe once every 2 months.

If you did the same today, you will not get the same, or probably any results. The strategies today are... Amazonfirst, ecommerce store second."

G

GuestUser450

The thread was 2012. Started 4 years ago."

Granted, but my point is that the value is in searching for yourself. It doesn't matter "what's working now". Methods change, fundamentals don't. The gold threads are never lists of tips or to-dos, they're disciplined applications of process.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.