The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is anyone working on with brokerages?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Hi all!

In Chapter 7, MJ talks about brokerages like Vanguard, Fidelity etc to fund the "Money System". Has anyone invested in this?

I'm new to this space and want to diversify my income to something passive.

Thanks.

Sanj.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Most of us have brokerage accounts, what is your question.

Is there a guide to it all you recommend? I've not done this before and I'm not based in the US.

Thanks.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Is there a guide to it all you recommend? I've not done this before and I'm not based in the US.

Thanks.
A beginners guide to investing in the US equities markets?

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
A beginners guide to investing in the US equities markets?

Something like that. I've traded FX but never the Equities market.

DoctorNotADoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 3, 2016
If you are a complete beginner, I would recommend you start with the books by Peter Lynch. "Learn to Earn" if you know absolutely nothing, and "One Up on Wall Street" if you know the basics. If you have traded FX then you can probably skip Learn to Earn and get right into One up On Wall Street.

You can also look into "How to Make Money in Stocks- William J. O'Neil", Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits- Philip A. Fisher" and "The Intelligent Investor- Benjamin Graham". These books cover fundamental analysis, which is key to equity markets. You should already know about technical analysis, having traded currencies.

Goldman snacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 15, 2016
Read 'money: master the game by tony Robbins, it's exactly what your talking about. Money system.

you don't need to know trading at all. You need to understand compounding returns and how even a 1% broker fee can have a huge impact on its potential.

But if your lazy and want the cake at the end then I'll summarize it.

Go to vanguard or e trade and put 20% or as much as possible of your paycheck/profits every month into a low fee index fund (buying s&p 500) and commit to it.

Most hedge/mutual funds don't even beat the market (s&p 500) over time. And if they do then the fees will get you 1% here 2% there.

And the ones that do beat the market require that you invest 100 million and have a billion net worth.

If you want to make 100k a year, without working then you would have to get your money system to 1 million, and if you got a 10% growth each year then that would be your 100k a year.

Not to mention if you just left it and forgot about it.

My opinion on this is that it's a good strategy for saving up money until you can make a 'play' on your own venture of some kind, and for those that are in it for the long haul.

I don't think I could have a million in the bank and not use it to invest in real estate, heck I'd do hard money loans to people now that's some good interest

Soulrize

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 21, 2014
I personally feel the equity market is a little different from fx. Stocks and the people who trade stocks tend to be delusional . Theres nothing wrong with it because we all profit from "growth". However understanding how much a company's value is in non tangible like reputation among other things will help, and its a balance between believing a stock will go up and the feeling to sell at any point.

The last bit to remember is the stock market is a bubble and more emotional than logic, more smoke and mirrors than actual value.

Yratill

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 15, 2016
To work for a broker-dealer basically means working for any firm in the business of buying and selling securities. The brokerges
distinction refers to the fact that the firm will generally operate as either a broker or a dealer, depending on the transaction. The technical Investopedia definition explains that a broker is only an agent who executes orders on behalf of clients, whereas a dealer acts as a principal and trades for his or her own account. Because most brokerages, also known as wire houses, act as both brokers and principals, the term broker-dealer is commonly used to describe the combined responsibilities.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.