The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Any One Else Short Selling???

Anything related to investing, including crypto

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Shooting blind on Thursday means that I Shorted two positions that I wasn't sure were permitted, nor the best choice. But, the market was kind.

I Shorted:
  • ADI -- Shorted at $17.47, with a limit of $17.18
  • CSCO -- Shorted at $14.94 with a limit of $14.78
And, I closed the following positions:
  • SEE -- Shorted on 10/31 for $16.46 -- covered at $13.30 for a 19.2% gain in 3 weeks
  • JNPR -- Shorted on 10/27 for $16.65 -- covered at $13.68 for a 17.34% gain in a month
  • TSS -- Shorted on 10/10 for $13.33 -- covered at $11.21 for a 15.9% gain in about 6 weeks
This last trade -- TSS -- was the one I've held the longest so far. Just when it got close to closing, it would reverse. My agony finally came to an end on Thursday!

Thursday was an "OK" day, compared to my other recent results. I ended up total of a 2.69% gain for my account overall.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Friday was an ugly day for me, but not nearly as bad as it could have been. The market started out in the plus range, but I was showing a small profit at the start. I entered three new positions this morning:
  • ITW -- Shorted at $29.19 with a limit of $28.46
  • PLL -- Shorted at $22.50 with a limit of $21.67
  • LLY -- Shorted at $29.91 with a limit of $29.31
So, you can see that the morning price increases helped me on the Short Sales, with an average 2.8% premium in sales price over limit price.

Then, the market turned sour. Prices tanked, with a couple crossing the 15% range. I only got to close on one though:
  • VRSN -- Shorted on 10/24 for $19.77 -- closed at $16.29 for a 17.6% gain in about a month
Right after this trade triggered, the market started back on it's way higher. The DOW ended up increasing nearly 500 points for the day, which only got it back to about a day ago.

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, when the market goes up, and I'm short, I gain more room in my Risk Pool. Today's move permitted me 3 more orders for Monday:
  • SYY -- Short with a limit of $21.78
  • ITT -- Short with a limit of $37.04
  • HSP -- Short with a limit of $26.64
Overall, my account value decreased by 3.34%. This sounds pretty good compared to the Dow's 5.18% increase. The sad thing is that, at one point today, I was in the "green" on all my positions. By the end of the day, half of them had retreated to the "red".

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bob!!!!!! Did you make a killing today!?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.