• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Is Affiliate Marketing The New MLM?

Discussion in 'Internet / Mobile Apps / Software' started by MarekvBeek, Apr 12, 2017.

1. TeveTorbes

TeveTorbes Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,992
    This thread went off the rails and we're not helping. Troll me via PM, otherwise be well and read TMFL.

2. JayPrince

JayPrince New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $123
    I've read it, and wasn't trolling. Take care sir and thank you for your input.

3. Pilot35

Pilot35 Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $779
    Some striking similarities between affiliate marketers and MLM marketers:
    -They both call themselves "entrepreneurs"
    -They both work hard to make someone else rich
    -They are both money chasers
    -There are LOTS of them

I used to be an affiliate marketer myself, until I found out that I am making a lot more money selling stuff to other affiliate marketers lol.

Eskil and MarekvBeek like this.
  4. MarekvBeek

MarekvBeek Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $213
    So you are still a money chaser!

Kidding bro :D

You're in the right market man. Selling shovels instead of digging for gold is what you are doing :)

Pilot35 likes this.
  5. Napoolion

Napoolion Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $41
    So, I am doing affiliate marketing to learn marketing (whatever good white hat offers I find). It is nice to get money back you spent on ads while you are still figuring out your business.
    Since I am open-minded person and stupidly curious, this is what I have observed when watching affiliates and affiliate industry as whole (I will only talk about affiliates who earn good cash, not your everyday forum spammers and bad video reviews who earn almost no money and who buy your shovels):

- They know they are on quicksand, they are trying to bank a lot money as fast as possible and they are looking to invest it in elsewhere. They are hitting the iron until it is hot, because they are not so sure how long it will stay hot. They are not just focusing on affiliate stuff, they are also finding way to make legit businesses. Will it succeed for them? I don't know.
    - They all have competitive edge and look ways to difference themselves. Some do it in technically complicated ways (requires skill), and a lot of others (including some top super affiliates) say screw it and do it in blackhat way. So if some do it in black hat way, their cost per click is insanely low and then it is a war of technology and infrastructure. It suddenly becomes a battle who can replace out fast their burned facebook ads accounts, credit cards, ISPS and whatever to make it work. Not every wannabe affiliate can do it and it seems to be another barrier. Is it a sane business? No. Will it last forever? Likely, no.
    Shortly - Top affiliates are very good marketers finding very good ways to get an edge. Will they move on before they are burned by affiliate marketing, who knows, but all I can say is that top affiliates are not stupid.

6. TeveTorbes

TeveTorbes Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,992
    Campaigns come and go daily, but affiliate marketing isn't going anywhere.

There will always be both sides of the equation: people with products and services, and people who specialize in selling. Of course it's competitive, the upside is unlimited.

So as long as a business owner can spend $1 to make $2, with zero overhead, they'll pay. And as long as an affiliate can earn 50%+ plus residuals, without all the baggage of owning a business, they'll sell.

MarekvBeek likes this.