The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is a pressure washing side hustle worth it during winter?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
As the title says.
I was talking with my mom about it and she said that nobody would hire me because winter is around the corner. "Nobody is in their garden at this time"
I live in Germany and our winters are, well, winters.
Is it true that nobody will want me to clean their terraces and similar during the winter? My mom said that such a service would only get used during spring and summer.

Have a good day!

(Ps: You might be asking yourself "why don't you just try it out?" - Here in Germany you have to registrate a business. "Reisegewerbe" I think.
I could do it for free, but I don't think that would really answer my question as most likely everybody would accept a free service)1

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
As the title says.
I was talking with my mom about it and she said that nobody would hire me because winter is around the corner. "Nobody is in their garden at this time"
I live in Germany and our winters are, well, winters.
Is it true that nobody will want me to clean their terraces and similar during the winter? My mom said that such a service would only get used during spring and summer.

Have a good day!

(Ps: You might be asking yourself "why don't you just try it out?" - Here in Germany you have to registrate a business. "Reisegewerbe" I think.
I could do it for free, but I don't think that would really answer my question as most likely everybody would accept a free service)1
You can still try without registering the business.
Get a listing and see if you get calls. You can always say your planning is full.

I saw a guy once, he wanted to rent on Airbnb but he wasn't sure there was demand for the house he wanted to buy.
He saved the photos of the house for sale and put it on Airbnb straight away, without buying it. He didn't even visit it.
He had a lot of bookings, so he ended up buying the house.

You should always, if possible, try to get validation for your ideas before engaging fees. We have a lot of misconceptions, perhaps your mom's right, but maybe she's wrong, the only way to know is to test it on the market. If you need to pretend a little bit to test, it's ok, and it may save you some bucks, or crush your doubts!

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
Is your mom a successful business owner? If not, why would you listen to her?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I just took this pic from my office! It’s a high rise pressure washing operation. I’m not good with heights, but it is a need and there is clearly a business around that need…7004AC7C-EF94-4037-9AEF-179F21A83EA5.jpeg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
I ran a very small one man pressure washing show. It was actually my first business venture, and I look back on it happily. In my opinion, pressure washing is an excellent first business/side hustle, but if you have any business experience at all, theres much better opportunities. It will be incredibly hard to start residential pressure washing in the winter, I don't recommend it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.