The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

IRS Sends WRONG Forms

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
The IRS sent out approximately 13.5 million incorrect Form 1040 tax packages the first week in January.

There are 5 forms that are incorrect because of the last minute AMT patch. The 5 forms are Form 8863, Education Credits; Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits; Form 8396, Mortgage Interest Credit; Form 8859, District of Columbia First-Time Homebuyer Credit; or Schedule 2, Child and Dependent Care Expenses for Form 1040A Filers.

It is up to YOU to get the right form. If you file with the wrong one, you will be responsible for penalties.

Also, if you use any of those 5 forms, you cannot file electronically until mid-February. If you attempt to file, it may look like the IRS accepted your return, but it did not. It is up to you to file mid-February when the IRS has corrected their computer (of course, they may or may not tell you when that is.)

In other words, the IRS is saying "we goofed and if you rely on our bad information, incorrect forms, or faulty programming you are at fault"

Whew! Watch out guys - this year is going to be a tricky one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I've never heard of "Form 5965, Residential Energy Credits" nor do I see it on the IRS' form download site. Is this new? What is it used for, specifically?

Edit: Ah, okay. It looks like it's 5695 (not 5965). Gotta check into this one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
I've never heard of "Form 5965, Residential Energy Credits" nor do I see it on the IRS' form download site. Is this new? What is it used for, specifically?

Edit: Ah, okay. It looks like it's 5695 (not 5965). Gotta check into this one.

Fixed the typo - thanks for catching that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.