First off excuse my ignorance on this subject. I have no experience building a iphone app or coding/programming in general.
I have brain stormed and planning on designing 100 niche emoji images. I have a unique marketing angle and plan to get downloads. Mainly working niche blogs and facebook ads Ryan Holiday style. I figure the $1 price point is best.
1. Can this type of app be built:
I want the app to put my emoji images straight into the users keyboard so they can use them in all text conversations. I have downloaded emoji apps before and most only let you message the images out of there app instead of your own keyboard. I believe they do this in order to sell ad space and up sell in app emoji add ons. OR what I am wanting to do can not be done.
2. Which IOS version should I build this app for: 7.1? If I build for 7.1 IOS can 8.0 users still download?
3. A good deal for freelance work.
I ran ads on odesk and elance for iphone dev. I received bids around $300-500 plus.
Just to play around I placed a new ad on both with a set price of $100. Surprisingly I found 20 or so freelancers willing to build my app for $100.00 and to my surprise 7 of them had good feedback.
I placed another ad for a emoji designs and I found a guy willing to design all 100 for $40.
I have not contacted any of the freelancers yet. I am researching what key questions I need to ask them to ensure this design goes smooth. So far from reading a little on the subject, I have compiled a small list of questions for the freelancers:
1. Are you able to beta test through ios simulator? (I plan on having about 20 of my friends beta the app in the first few weeks to find bugs.)
2. Will you be willing to fix bugs for the next 3 months after app is built
3. Do you use X-dev? Which platform are you developing on?
I hear that I can set up a team account through apple and invite the developer in to work on the app and load everything up.
Any questions you all think I need to ask my developer to properly vet him, please let me know.
Any resources or reading material on the subject of managing a project like this, please let me know.
Sponsored Ad
If this takes off I plan on building a android app as well.
Thanks in advance to all who reply.
I have brain stormed and planning on designing 100 niche emoji images. I have a unique marketing angle and plan to get downloads. Mainly working niche blogs and facebook ads Ryan Holiday style. I figure the $1 price point is best.
1. Can this type of app be built:
I want the app to put my emoji images straight into the users keyboard so they can use them in all text conversations. I have downloaded emoji apps before and most only let you message the images out of there app instead of your own keyboard. I believe they do this in order to sell ad space and up sell in app emoji add ons. OR what I am wanting to do can not be done.
2. Which IOS version should I build this app for: 7.1? If I build for 7.1 IOS can 8.0 users still download?
3. A good deal for freelance work.
I ran ads on odesk and elance for iphone dev. I received bids around $300-500 plus.
Just to play around I placed a new ad on both with a set price of $100. Surprisingly I found 20 or so freelancers willing to build my app for $100.00 and to my surprise 7 of them had good feedback.
I placed another ad for a emoji designs and I found a guy willing to design all 100 for $40.
I have not contacted any of the freelancers yet. I am researching what key questions I need to ask them to ensure this design goes smooth. So far from reading a little on the subject, I have compiled a small list of questions for the freelancers:
1. Are you able to beta test through ios simulator? (I plan on having about 20 of my friends beta the app in the first few weeks to find bugs.)
2. Will you be willing to fix bugs for the next 3 months after app is built
3. Do you use X-dev? Which platform are you developing on?
I hear that I can set up a team account through apple and invite the developer in to work on the app and load everything up.
Any questions you all think I need to ask my developer to properly vet him, please let me know.
Any resources or reading material on the subject of managing a project like this, please let me know.
Sponsored Ad
If this takes off I plan on building a android app as well.
Thanks in advance to all who reply.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
