The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Investing $50,000

Anything related to investing, including crypto

DURABLEOILCOM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 25, 2012
What can I do with $50,000 to create monthly income? Where and how should I invest it? Is it better to go to Charles Schwab or Vanguard?

Right now I have the money with Fidelity in an Annuity Fund that has been completed, I do not like how Fidelity customer service has treated me how can I transfer the funds to another brokerage like Charles Schwab or Vanguard without losing most of it in taxes? What type of account would I need to open with Schwab or Vanguard to transfer the complete amount without losing it all to taxes. Ideally I would like to put $30,000 into a high yield savings and the rest into a low risk index dividend fund stocks. What would be the best course of action to take with the most minimal taxes and fees?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ph0enix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 19, 2020
UK
I have had some minir success investing in the stock market picking great stocks was able to put in $1900 into the market and earn $4200+ but I do not feel comfortable investing $50,000 for fear of making a major mistake and losing it overnight.
The advice I was given: only invest if you have over $1m in revenue per year from a profitable business. If so, invest in index funds or create a "forever portfolio" of: 20% gold/crypto, 20% bonds, 20% stocks, 20% cash, 20% real estate (the exact percentages would be based on your risk tolerance).

The advantage of index funds is they are a low cost way to passively invest in a diversified range of equities (shares) or bonds, without being exposed to the risks of buying 1 individual stock.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
The advice I was given: only invest if you have over $1m in revenue per year from a profitable business. If so, invest in index funds or create a "forever portfolio" of: 20% gold/crypto, 20% bonds, 20% stocks, 20% cash, 20% real estate (the exact percentages would be based on your risk tolerance).

The advantage of index funds is they are a low cost way to passively invest in a diversified range of equities (shares) or bonds, without being exposed to the risks of buying 1 individual stock.

Terrible advice imo. You don't need 1m in revenue or a profitable business to start investing. What you need to do is to start now. Time in the market is the most important, capital appreciation + dividends

Wil22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jun 8, 2020
Philadelphia,Pa
Terrible advice imo. You don't need 1m in revenue or a profitable business to start investing. What you need to do is to start now. Time in the market is the most important, capital appreciation + dividends
Does investing amounts across the 20-20-20-20-20 allotment without a biz generating $1M defy TFL philosophy? As a follower, do we need the profitable biz first?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Does investing amounts across the 20-20-20-20-20 allotment without a biz generating $1M defy TFL philosophy? As a follower, do we need the profitable biz first?

life is not so black and white. You can invest and work on your business at the same time. Why not enjoy the best of both worlds?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.