The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction - How to make decisions?

mongoose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 29, 2018
Hey guys, i lurked around for a while and now is the time to get started. I want to contribute to this forum because it really helped me thinking about my future. Also some posts are very inspiring! So here we go:

I'm Eric, 22, and very lost when it comes to long term strategizing and decision making.

I'm an artist, so of course the first big question is: Should this be my main priority right now? Or should i focus on making money, creating a Business and developing skills that the market needs? Can i do both or should i focus relentlessly on one thing? Man i don't know this question rips me apart.

I have a strong interest in spirituality and music, and i want to create a product that combines both worlds. I have many ideas but i don't know wich one to choose. Often i pick one and work on it. Then after 3 months i switch. Then again. This also rips me apart.

Maybe there is someone who overcame those problems and can help me out, i would appreciate the living hell out of it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kenyap

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 24, 2019
Do what you love and if what you love doing can produce significant value to the world, then the money will come - an advice from a filmmaker

William Ainslie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 13, 2016
South Africa
Focus on practical value first!

I value spirituality highly, yet found practical value creation is important start then adding the spirituality as it makes sense.

Also realized spirituality and value becomes the same thing if you allow it to.

mongoose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 29, 2018
Focus on creating value!
Welcome!

Yes, strong advice! My problem is, i don't know what value to create. I know i can give a lot, but which medium to choose? Which target group? What for a product? That's the problem i am dealing with right now.

Do what you love and if what you love doing can produce significant value to the world, then the money will come - an advice from a filmmaker

I hope that this is true. Anxiety and fear tells me i will fail even i can provide value. Definitely have to do some inner work, i won't tolerate this block any longer.

I value spirituality highly, yet found practical value creation is important start then adding the spirituality as it makes sense.

strong advice, this alleviates some pressure.

Also this reminds me of my piano lessons. First i teach them about reading notes, then i introduce them to ideas like "letting go of expectations" and "letting the music flow through you". Some of my students are even open minded enough to try it out! :)

William Ainslie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 13, 2016
South Africa
Yes, strong advice! My problem is, i don't know what value to create. I know i can give a lot, but which medium to choose? Which target group? What for a product? That's the problem i am dealing with right now.

I hope that this is true. Anxiety and fear tells me i will fail even i can provide value. Definitely have to do some inner work, i won't tolerate this block any longer.

strong advice, this alleviates some pressure.

Also this reminds me of my piano lessons. First i teach them about reading notes, then i introduce them to ideas like "letting go of expectations" and "letting the music flow through you". Some of my students are even open minded enough to try it out! :)

Sorry, had to refer to my violin lessons in this context - doesn't feel very spiritual at all.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
Try to solve 2020 problems and money should follow!

James Orman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 22, 2019
I thought about it deeply. Most things aren't 'needs' instead they appeal to your emotions.
Everyone needs food, but why they rather pay more and buy something 'tasty'?
Nobody 'needs' video games yet they buy this art like crazy.
Nobody 'needs' television, they want their emotions to get excited.

If everybody followed their true needs most stores would shut down haha. Everyone would act like a big wave of thrifty grandmas with nearly empty homes because they only bought their needs.

mongoose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 29, 2018

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
I never viewed it from this perspective.. can you give me an example of a typical 2020 problem?
Some of them are easy to find. Just ask your friends/family what is wrong in their life!

D

Deleted74396

Could you explain this a little more? I sort of kinda get what you mean but not totally!

William Ainslie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 13, 2016
South Africa
Could you explain this a little more? I sort of kinda get what you mean but not totally!

I got very deep into Buddhism and spirituality - practising meditation, chanting and contemplation.

What it did for me was? It took me out of the every day business/pleasure of being helpful and living in the context of South Africa.

The repercussions was a severe drop in income and feeling peaceful about it for a while until it becomes unlivable.

I couldn't reconcile being "alive" and being "spiritual" at the same time, because my definition of spirituality was wrong for me.

"I tried being spiritual in the Ashram kind of way."

Now:

"I see business/value creation as spirituality."

I still meditate, but devote myself to helping people, which is through business/products/services.

"When I go too far over to the spiritual practices, I lose my way in life."

Over time I learned to treat the business as spiritual and keep my other practices in its proper place.

Also dealing with clients with other perspectives on spirituality, mainly Judaism and Islam, requires a practical approach to not offend their ideals.

Not every person I help has the same spiritual ideals I do, and I instead help them than try and live up to my old idea of what it means to be spiritual.

Lastly:

I have realised that we don't know who is spiritual and who is not - and besides, that will be judgmental.

D

Deleted74396

I got very deep into Buddhism and spirituality - practising meditation, chanting and contemplation.

What it did for me was? It took me out of the every day business/pleasure of being helpful and living in the context of South Africa.

The repercussions was a severe drop in income and feeling peaceful about it for a while until it becomes unlivable.

I couldn't reconcile being "alive" and being "spiritual" at the same time, because my definition of spirituality was wrong for me.

"I tried being spiritual in the Ashram kind of way."

Now:

"I see business/value creation as spirituality."

I still meditate, but devote myself to helping people, which is through business/products/services.

"When I go too far over to the spiritual practices, I lose my way in life."

Over time I learned to treat the business as spiritual and keep my other practices in its proper place.

Also dealing with clients with other perspectives on spirituality, mainly Judaism and Islam, requires a practical approach to not offend their ideals.

Not every person I help has the same spiritual ideals I do, and I instead help them than try and live up to my old idea of what it means to be spiritual.

Lastly:

I have realised that we don't know who is spiritual and who is not - and besides, that will be judgmental.
You put that so well!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...