The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction from a late bloomer

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Hello everyone! I'm really glad I found this resource. Two days of browsing and I'm convinced this will become a familiar stomping ground.

I've been working for others since I was a teenager. I married in my early 20's in the mid-80's. I've done well climbing the ladder, but for the last year or so have been questioning the wisdom of that path.

I really enjoy some of the work I do, but it consumes so much time. I don't run the company, and I don't have a strong hand in strategic management, although I am a manager and run a department. I must admit, I've always been crazy about sports cars, and I would love to scratch that itch better than I can now.

I'm interested in ecommerce. I'm an Amazon affiliate, and was startled and tickled pink to discover that I made $15.41 in affiliate commission for March. It's clearly not much, but it's miles ahead of zero. I'd never made any money online, so this has been a real epiphany for me. I'm coming to realize that affiliate sales is not the direction I want to go, but it's opened my eyes.

I've got MJ's book and have spent a couple hours reading it. I will be spending many more soon - fantastic read. I'm encouraged by the accounts I read here and am really motivated to transition from an employee to a profitable online business owner.

I'm really excited to embark on this journey, not only for myself but for my kids and grandkids. If I can start this process, there's no reason I can't help them along as well. I would love for each kid and grandkid to start their own enterprise. The older ones can move out of the 9-5 world and the grandkids will never need to enter it to begin with. Having these tools at their disposal will give them the freedom to spend time on things they may find more fulfilling.

Anyway, feel free to email, pm, whatever. I'll post my progress and look forward to your comments.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
I'm really excited to embark on this journey, not only for myself but for my kids and grandkids. If I can start this process, there's no reason I can't help them along as well. I would love for each kid and grandkid to start their own enterprise. The older ones can move out of the 9-5 world and the grandkids will never need to enter it to begin with. Having these tools at their disposal will give them the freedom to spend time on things they may find more fulfilling.

Nice motivation you have here :) Welcome aboard and the best for you.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Welcome to the forum. Very good intro.

Did you read the posts by biophase about ecommerce?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Yes, I've read thru it several times. I searched out his blog too. He's doing exactly what I want to do!

I've posted in the General section about my willingness to help anybody that wants it with solid models, drawings, and renderings. I've been doing it for a long time, and that's my area of expertise. Fastlane fraternity brothers (and sisters!) can use my services for free, within reason, to help propel them on their path. It's my way of paying back the assistance I will need to expand into ecommerce.

Thanks for the welcome.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...