The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing myself

Justin W.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
May 2, 2017
California
Hello, my name is Justin, I'm turning 27 this month and I'm very thankful to have stumbled across The Millionaire Fastlane book & be on the forums here.

I am interested in building a website involving parcel maps that would need coding although I have minimal experience as a coder (I played with HTML). I've already found quite a few forums on the topic of coding that I'm excited to read.

This forum has inspired me to look into eCommerce, namely @PTP 's thread on how he started his business. I can't wait to take action once I gather enough information.

I'd like to thank MJ DeMarco for writing the book & making these forums, and all the staff for keeping a clean forum that's easy to read. Thanks to all the forum members for sharing your experiences and pulling my head out of my butt.

I have a couple of questions: How do I change my forum name? I have tried to send a PM to a staff member but I can't even figure out how to send a PM or start a conversation.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
766%
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX
Hello, my name is Justin, I'm turning 27 this month and I'm very thankful to have stumbled across The Millionaire Fastlane book & be on the forums here.

I am interested in building a website involving parcel maps that would need coding although I have minimal experience as a coder (I played with HTML). I've already found quite a few forums on the topic of coding that I'm excited to read.

This forum has inspired me to look into eCommerce, namely @PTP 's thread on how he started his business. I can't wait to take action once I gather enough information.

I'd like to thank MJ DeMarco for writing the book & making these forums, and all the staff for keeping a clean forum that's easy to read. Thanks to all the forum members for sharing your experiences and pulling my head out of my butt.

I have a couple of questions: How do I change my forum name? I have tried to send a PM to a staff member but I can't even figure out how to send a PM or start a conversation.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Justin! If you stick around, you'll find a lot of information you're going to need to start!

Lets try summoning an admin to see if we can help you out with that name change:): @MJ DeMarco @Vigilante @AllenCrawley

Good luck buddy!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have a couple of questions: How do I change my forum name?

Use the CONTACT forum function, click the envelope icon, bottom right, or top right.

Welcome to the forum.

Justin W.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
May 2, 2017
California
Thanks for the warm welcome!

@PTP I read through most of your post on eCommerce, great write up! You've inspired me in too many ways to count (once I swallowed my pride & jealousy). :playful:

@MJ DeMarco , Thanks for self-publishing your book "The Millionaire Fastlane ." I'm glad you didn't give up because nobody would publish it. Your book shattered my reality in all the good ways. I mentally high-fived you when you said you wanted to be an astronaut because of Han Solo, a director because of George Lucas, and an author because of Isaac Asimov! I'm still stuck wanting to be an author because of Asimov. May I ask what books & resources helped you with authoring & marketing your book?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Justin W.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
May 2, 2017
California
After reading up on one of MJ's threads on what makes a good introduction, I thought I would update mine to include a bit of my personal background. I thought it best to update my introduction for the record, even if I am a bit late. I'm copying, pasting & slightly editing part of my first post in which I was attempting to help out another user with his situation.

I bought a 29' sailboat for $200 at age 20. It was scrapped of all useful appliances prior to my purchase, yet it was one of the best hulls on the market. I sailed it into the local bay and tossed out my anchor for free rent, I started cooking my own food on a propane camping stove and rowed to shore every day, rain or shine. With $100 in my pocket, I bought boat soap and scrub brushes, found someone who needed their boat washed, and used the money I made on that job to buy some business cards at a local print shop. This was my first enterprise, cleaning & maintaining boats. It also taught me the necessity of eating well and exercising, and how both factors are paramount in living a healthy lifestyle.

In my spare time I read books about cleaning boats at the library that I walked to. After searching around for a while and persisting in my trade, I ended up finding a constant flow of work on multi-million dollar yachts, and I learned a lot about how to maintain mechanical and electrical equipment. Working on boats is not a path to riches, but it was my first enterprise and got me started in the right direction. These experiences made me who I am today and I am glad I didn't take the easy road and continue to live with my pompously ignorant parents. One of the most difficult, and best choices I made in my life was to disown my parents. I had to for many reasons, one of which is when attempting to talk with them, even simple communications would bring out the worst in me. I had to get that junk out of my trunk!

If there is anything I learned through it all, it's that dedication & commitment will take you where you need to be. If there were any two things that kept me moving forward, they were: focusing on my future, and just doing what needed to be done.

I wouldn't be the person I am today without several books I've read. I'll try and keep this list short & sweet.

"Critical Thinking" 9th Ed. by Moor & Parker - This will likely remain my #1 top-rated book
"You Are Your Own Gym" by Mark Lauren paired with "Stretching & Flexibility" by Kit Laughlin
"Well Fed" by Melissa Joulwan paired with "The One Straw Revolution" by Masanobu Fukuoka
"The Millionaire Fastlane " by MJ DeMarco
"Unlimited Memory" by Grandmaster Kevin Horsley
"Laser Sharp Focus" by Joanna Jast
"Sleep Smarter" by Shawn Stevenson
"The Miracle Morning" by Hal Elrod
"How to Win Friends & Influence People" by Dale Carnegie

Inspirational books that helped me through rough times:
"I Attacked Pearl Harbor" by Kazuo Sakamaki, the first POW captured during WWII
"Alive" by Piers Paul Read, the story of the people who survived the airplane crash in the Andes Mountains
"Miracle in the Andes" by Nando Parrado (The labeled "Hero" of the Andes airplane crash), with Vince Rause
"The Passing of the Night" by General Robinson Risner, an officer captured and held as a POW in Vietnam

One of my favorite quotes:
“The best thing for being sad... Is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then — to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you." -T.H. White, "The Once & Future King"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...