What's new

Intro from Aaron

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

A-A-ron

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Mar 18, 2019
Messages
12
Rep Bank
$170
User Power: 150%
Good Evening Folks,

I purchased "Unscripted " through Audible earlier this month and am already about half-way through my second listen. Excellent content and insights from MJ!
I have had an entrepreneurial mindset my entire life. When I was 6 I constructed a playground in my backyard and charged the neighbor kids $.10 to enter. At 10 I started an automobile detailing company, "The Suction Junction". My parents gave me business cards for Christmas and under my name was a tagline which read: "A Very Enterprising Young Man".

In my 20's I purchased some equipment and started a sign company. I used to letter a bunch of work trucks and race cars, as well as manufactured marketing signs for sub-divisions around my area. I loved it, but always made just enough money to barely scrape by, so I eventually got a sales position with a big sign company and did very well.

My most serious attempt at becoming a serious entrepreneur was through an online firearms business that I started in 2009. I had read Tim Ferris' book, The 4 Hour Work Week and was very inspired by the idea of having a company that I could operate from anywhere in the world with a laptop and an internet connection. After I decided on a market I jumped in with both feet. Started an LLC, got my resellers license, registered a domain, etc. MJ talks about "being in the desert" when a business means so much to you that time has no factor. This was me. For over a year before I achieved my first sale, I committed myself to spend every available minute developing my website, researching new distributors, and preparing for my initial launch. It was a ton of work, but I didn't care. My focus was entirely on the end goal of having my own business and trying to make it the very best that I could.

After the first year of development I was off to the races. In the first year I netted around $25K. The next year over $50K. I hit over $120K in my third year and exploded to over $400K in the fourth.

Then I had a major setback. It seems the sudden explosion in growth in my fourth year was triggered by the fear that Obama was going to ban firearms after the Sandy Hook school shooting. American's were purchasing anything they could get their hands on for fear that the products would soon be illegal. Seriously...if you had a 1700's musket in stock, someone would buy it, lol. Those that had inventory had the advantage, but it did not take long before EVERYONE'S inventory was depleted and there was nothing left to sell. So, the dealers had tons of cash in their accounts, but no way of purchasing more inventory to keep the sales coming in. It took about 6 months for the manufacturers to replenish their inventory levels, but by this time the gun ban fear had subsided and the market quickly returned to normal.

MJ speaks of product-ocracies in "Unscripted". After learning what this was, I realized that I did not have a product-ocracy in my online business. $400K in sales after the gun-ban scare were not generated because I had something different or superior to anyone else. They were coming to me because they were in a mad rush to make a purchase from anyone that had the products available. In other words, I was not selling anything special or unique, I was just a means to an end. What I also did not understand when I started this business was barriers to entry, which were low for this type of business. In other words, if a business is easy to get into, then you will have more competition which will ultimately decrease your profit margins. While I did have a lot of fun, and a good bit of frustrations, I eventually determined that my business was unsustainable and shifted my focus in other areas.

So, extremely long story short (sorry), my entrepreneurial desires are still burning, but I have just been in a mind block for the last several years. What I did find encouraging, in reading Unscripted, was the number of times that MJ mentioned he had tried businesses that failed. I must admit that "the fear of failure" has really hampered my willingness to jump back in, but I'm getting past this now.

If you'ver read to this point, then thanks. I'm glad to find a network of like-minded people that can help to encourage one another on our journeys. I truly hope that I can be a helpful resource and look forward to learning from one another.

Best of luck,
Aaron
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jimmu, Eesup!

Iydovoph opvsu, vjepl zua epf ximduni vu vji gusan!
Optvief ug giesoph vji geomasi, incsedi ov! Ov ot katv epuvjis xez vu miesp. Et muph et zua motvip vu vji nesliv epf edv eddusfoph vu ov, zua dep piwis vsamz geom. O jewi pu fuacv vjev zua xomm taddiif iwipvaemmz.

Citv xotjit gsun Itvupoe!
 
Jimmu, Eesup!

Iydovoph opvsu, vjepl zua epf ximduni vu vji gusan!
Optvief ug giesoph vji geomasi, incsedi ov! Ov ot katv epuvjis xez vu miesp. Et muph et zua motvip vu vji nesliv epf edv eddusfoph vu ov, zua dep piwis vsamz geom. O jewi pu fuacv vjev zua xomm taddiif iwipvaemmz.

Citv xotjit gsun Itvupoe!

O eqqsidoevi vji siqmz epf ipduasehinipv Tvsn. Muuloph cedl, O dep qopquopv iyedv notvelit xjip dunqesoph vjin vu vji DIPVT Dunnepfnipvt. Cav jiz, O'f sevjis geom epf miesp tunivjoph gsun ov, vjip piwis vu jewi vsoif op vji gostv qmedi.
Citv ug madl epf veli desi,
E-E-sup
 
Ximduni vu vji gusan!

O sinincis vji qepod egvis vji Tepfzjuul nettedsi ximm. O tumf tiwisem Veqdu EL neht gus tuni ectasf enuapv. O vjopl ov xet moli $30 e quq, xjip O cuahjv vjin gus esuapf $8.
 
Ximduni vu vji gusan!

O sinincis vji qepod egvis vji Tepfzjuul nettedsi ximm. O tumf tiwisem Veqdu EL neht gus tuni ectasf enuapv. O vjopl ov xet moli $30 e quq, xjip O cuahjv vjin gus esuapf $8.

Jiz Muxvil,
Ziq, vjisi xet figopovimz nupiz vu ci nefi og zua jef vji qsufadv. Ov xet dsebz. O xet ecmi vu seoti nz neshopt e cov xovjuav vuvemmz veloph efwepvehi ug vji tovaevoup. Ov xet podi!
Egvis vji gostv xiil (ug vji dsebopitt) O cedlif opvu Veqdu epf qodlif aq 1000 ES neht @ $8 ie (xjodj O jef emsiefz tumf) ev $15.95 e quq.
 
Hsiev opvsu Eesup! Muult moli zua'wi emsiefz huvvip zuas giiv xiv op catopitt epf katv piif e sicuuv!

Ximduni ecuesf!
Vjeplt, NK. Mutoph ot vuahj, cav O'n vosif ug giimoph tussz gus nztimg. O'n opwohusevif pux, vjeplt vu zua! O jewi e pix ofie, e pix qmep, epf O'n siefz hu hiv ov. O emtu jewi vji taqqusv ug nz xogi, xjodj ot TU onqusvepv.
Nepz vjeplt,
EE
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom