The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro (again)

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
Hey all :) Glenn here, from just outside London, UK

Hope everyone not been affected too much by the shit which is going on, and wanted to post a quick hello!

I'm a personal trainer by trade, and have been "convincing myself" I've got a business over the last 5 years.

Currently live with my parents, I'm 32 and moved back in to save for a mortgage...(still a long way off)

I wanna help people, and have spent too many years just being selfish, all in it for me, and not sticking with any one particular business idea. Jumping from one to ones, to group programs, to bootcamps,,, and then back to the beginning again!

So, first off - I want to dominate my postcode. This might take a year, but everything is done step by step, so building up a fitness business (which is different from the 5000,000,000 already available) should start with local right? I've got a solid product now, so need to learn how to turn what I've got (which works very well) into at least a locally known third space *home, work & my place for fitness*

The burnt out workers of London seem to be only getting fatter, and a lot of my close friends (who now look 45+ instead of early thirties) are frankly scaring me if that's the "normal" which people seem to have to trade if they want to work in the city.

Writing this currently at a time when I'm feeling: overwhelmed, confused, mixed priorities and just leaving it for the day (currently Friday afternoon) where I'll start again tomorrow.

So, anyone I can help on here, anyone who'd be kind enough to offer some encouragement or constructive criticism, love to connect with people and share ideas...

and celebrate in other people's success as well as my own!

Thanks

Glenn

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Glen, welcome to the forum ;)

Can you share a bit more about how you are planning to scale and automate your idea, so you will free up your time? Have you read "The E-Myth Revisited"?

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you can do.
Thanks Rabby, I felt a bit.... silly? Even posting about opening up a business in the fitness space as it's the classic "do what you love" space, however it's very close to my heart and I've spent 10 years working in the industry anyway so hope to make life easier for some of the people who are either following the path I've tread previously or plug gaps where customer service has been shit or results just arent lasting where they should

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
Hey Glen, welcome to the forum ;)

Can you share a bit more about how you are planning to scale and automate your idea, so you will free up your time? Have you read "The E-Myth Revisited"?

hey :) so I don't actually have the business idea yet, but the market (like many right now) is going through huge changes through to gyms being closed down... so I'm going to be looking at ways I can help PT's with coping through this shitty time.

E-Myth revisited I've listened too, much like I did both of MJ's books first time around...skipped over all but the marketing parts and how to make money fast :) I think I put "travel the world" for why I want to be here?

So yeah, didn't really occur to me that I might actually have to try and help people the first time around(admitted embarrassingly)

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Thanks Rabby, I felt a bit.... silly? Even posting about opening up a business in the fitness space as it's the classic "do what you love" space, however it's very close to my heart and I've spent 10 years working in the industry anyway so hope to make life easier for some of the people who are either following the path I've tread previously or plug gaps where customer service has been shit or results just arent lasting where they should

If the part of fitness you start looking into seems overserved, or if it's all dollars/hour, maybe look for underserved niches. They usually exist in any industry. They're the things other people don't want to do because it's hard, or you have to think to much, or you have to exercise high EQ, or some other reason. Find one of those where the customers can afford to pay, and you have a market with a need.

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
If the part of fitness you start looking into seems overserved, or if it's all dollars/hour, maybe look for underserved niches. They usually exist in any industry. They're the things other people don't want to do because it's hard, or you have to think to much, or you have to exercise high EQ, or some other reason. Find one of those where the customers can afford to pay, and you have a market with a need.
Yeah anything around directly doing personal training is dead in the water. the whole per hour model is finite, fraught with overheads and traffic (am currently a mobile personal trainer) and just doesn't have any future in it... if I get much older I'll feel like I'm doing a child's job

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...