The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Interpret # of Stock Calls and Puts Options held?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
Hi All,

I am looking for those who have experience with Options Trading as it is not an area I have looked extensively into.

When looking at a stock, I understand there are Calls and Puts against that equity. For the Call, you are looking for an increase in (buy) price, and for a Put you are looking for a decrease in (sell) price. I am looking for insight on how to translate some very basic general numbers.

For instance, let's say stock 'ABC' has 107 Call Holders and 88 Put Holders. What can be interpreted from knowing that basic information?

- Would one way to view this be as a bullish or bearish sentiment? In this case, since 107 Calls are greater than 88 Puts, that there is bullish sentiment from the market?
- Anything else that could be interpreted that would be important to note?

Thanks,
LF

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For instance, let's say stock 'ABC' has 107 Call Holders and 88 Put Holders. What can be interpreted from knowing that basic information?

I interpret nothing from it.

You don't know if those positions are long or short for the retail public.

If I sell a call, I'm bearish. If the retail public is short 107 calls and long 88 Puts, then the market sentiment would be extremely bearish. On the flip side, the market maker would be bullish because he took the other side of the trade.

In this case, since 107 Calls are greater than 88 Puts, that there is bullish sentiment from the market?

No.

See above.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!