The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Integrating Multiple Social Networks Into One Convenient Website

AMCarbonaro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jul 28, 2011
Wayne County, Michigan
After reading The Millionaire Fastlane , I've come to find a new idea which seems to fit into the Fast Lane a bit more then my other, not so realistic ideas. I've decided to stay committed to this idea as well, unlike my past. My new idea is to create a website that integrates multiple social networks into one convenient website. You would be able to have your Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. all on one website which makes it more convenient to manage. Also, it would be easier for other people to keep up with all your networks. I've had many people say they didn't understand the concept so I created a simple conversation to help.

Conversation 1 (Metal fan talks to the Banana Man about his performance)
:urock2: : Hey Man! That was a rad act you just had!
:banana:: Thanks Dude! I'm glad you enjoyed my little show!
:urock2: : Where can I keep up with your work dude?!
:banana:: My Facebook is Facebook.com/Thebananaman
My Twitter is Twitter.com/Bananamanforlife
My Youtube is Youtube.com/Imabanana
My Google+ is Plus.Google.com/Thebananasong
Ect.....
:urock2: : Wait let me get a pen!
:banana:: To late got to go!
:urock2: : I cant remember all of those!!

Or Conversation 2 (Metal fan talks to the Banana Man about his performance) (Lets call the website "Convin"
:banana:: My Convin is Convin.com/BananaMan
:urock2: :Thanks Dude! Rock On!

As You can tell, in Conversation 1 the rocker was overwhelmed with the amount of info he had to retain in order to keep up with his new artist. On the other hand, the rocker only had to remember 1 website. And on that website he could find Banana Mans YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Etc. all on one webpage. The idea of the conversation is cheesy but it helps people understand.

I have considered going through E-Lance to get a prototype down or at least talk to someone who can tell me how a website like this would be created because I have no knowledge of coding websites. And then I would work from there. So.... What do you think of the idea?! Good or bad, its all accepted here :)

Also, How do you get the "Fastlane Graduate! I've Read The Book" Banner?

-Anthony C. :yourock:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
After reading The Millionaire Fastlane , I've come to find a new idea which seems to fit into the Fast Lane a bit more then my other, not so realistic ideas. I've decided to stay committed to this idea as well, unlike my past. My new idea is to create a website that integrates multiple social networks into one convenient website. You would be able to have your Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. all on one website which makes it more convenient to manage. Also, it would be easier for other people to keep up with all your networks. I've had many people say they didn't understand the concept so I created a simple conversation to help.

Conversation 1 (Metal fan talks to the Banana Man about his performance)
:banana:: My Facebook is Facebook.com/Thebananaman
My Twitter is Twitter.com/Bananamanforlife
My Youtube is Youtube.com/Imabanana
My Google+ is Plus.Google.com/Thebananasong
Ect.....
:urock2: : Wait let me get a pen!
:banana:: To late got to go!
:urock2: : I cant remember all of those!!

Or Conversation 2 (Metal fan talks to the Banana Man about his performance) (Lets call the website "Convin"
:banana:: My Convin is Convin.com/BananaMan
:urock2: :Thanks Dude! Rock On!

As You can tell, in Conversation 1 the rocker was overwhelmed with the amount of info he had to retain in order to keep up with his new artist. On the other hand, the rocker only had to remember 1 website. And on that website he could find Banana Mans YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Etc. all on one webpage. The idea of the conversation is cheesy but it helps people understand.

I have considered going through E-Lance to get a prototype down or at least talk to someone who can tell me how a website like this would be created because I have no knowledge of coding websites. And then I would work from there. So.... What do you think of the idea?! Good or bad, its all accepted here :)

Also, How do you get the "Fastlane Graduate! I've Read The Book" Banner?

-Anthony C. :yourock:

So how are you going to make money?

You should have a clear revenue model before going into any business.'

Cheers,
Zach

D

DeletedUser394

Already exists unfortunately. http://about.me/
And if the niche was musicians, there are dozens of those types of sites out there catering to musician profiles. (unless the conversation was just an example).

You get the banner by posting in the 'I've read the millionaire fastlane ' thread, and then waiting.

AMCarbonaro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jul 28, 2011
Wayne County, Michigan
Zach, I'm not really sure how I would make money, I would assume the same way Facebook or any of those sites make money. I'm still learning about this, the idea is still pretty new in my head.

RyanDrake, Maybe I could of explained it a little bit more in detail. Actually I left out a big feature. You would be able to manage each network on one website, so you wouldn't have to keep going to new tabs or opening new windows. Also, people would see all your data on that one website. Your facebook status, Tweets, New videos, Etc. You would be able to manage all networks on one interface.

The niche would be anyone who uses 2 or more networks.

D

DeletedUser394

Zach, I'm not really sure how I would make money, I would assume the same way Facebook or any of those sites make money. I'm still learning about this, the idea is still pretty new in my head.

RyanDrake, Maybe I could of explained it a little bit more in detail. Actually I left out a big feature. You would be able to manage each network on one website, so you wouldn't have to keep going to new tabs or opening new windows. Also, people would see all your data on that one website. Your facebook status, Tweets, New videos, Etc. You would be able to manage all networks on one interface.

The niche would be anyone who uses 2 or more networks.

About HootSuite ? Social Media Dashboard for Managing Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and other networks
Yoono - Twitter Facebook MySpace LinkedIn Flickr - Share and Download Youtube videos

Like those?

AMCarbonaro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jul 28, 2011
Wayne County, Michigan
Hootsuit is pretty much it. I probably should of done more research. But hootsuit has a pro version which you would have to pay for. Would it still be worth it if I attempted creating a full functional free website? Thanks for help by the way.

AMCarbonaro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jul 28, 2011
Wayne County, Michigan
I decided to create an account on Hootsuit and I am pretty impressed but it is missing a key feature. In my idea, I would design it so you would have your own page to the account. People cant find you through Hootsuit because you dont have a profile with them. You can only manage other accounts. Should I try contacting someone on E-Lance, or does this sound a bit to much?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.