The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inspiring Kids to become Entrepreneurs?

Techbandits

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 19, 2021
Hello!

New member here, been enjoying Millionaire Fastlane and what struck me most was that kids should be hearing this stuff! Imagine the advantage younger humans would have getting into business and more passive income streams at an early age? I host a free online kid’s science and tech club and thanks in part to Millionaire Fastlane I now plan to include a real world business inspiration component as well…so I thought I’d go to the source and hit the forum. If anyone has any insights that might help me engage my TechBandits kids, please let me know!

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think a good lesson on how tangible this is would be a prudent start.

Every single business that provides every single good or service they or their families use every day had a beginning. A likely wealthy leader. The world needs leaders and nothing is stopping them from being one.

This is certainly a worthy pursuit! I wish you the best.

Last edited:

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
I think it can go well with science and tech. A combination of experiments and problem-solving solutions.

Maybe teach them how to identify needs, how to test and adapt solutions, the difference between price and value, how to apply micro-economics in the context of business, buyer psychology.

Techbandits

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 19, 2021
I think a good lesson on how tangible this is would be a prudent start.

Every single business that provides every single good or service they or their families use every day had a beginning. A likely wealthy leader. The world needs leaders and nothing is stopping them from being one.

This is certainly a worthy pursuit! I wish you the best.
Thanks @Kak …good point, I know that the TechBandits were intrigued by Notch, the programmer who, almost single-handedly, started Minecraft and sold it for billions...game companies could be a good way in along those lines...cheers!
I think it can go well with science and tech. A combination of experiments and problem-solving solutions.

Maybe teach them how to identify needs, how to test and adapt solutions, the difference between price and value, how to apply micro-economics in the context of business, buyer psychology.
Thanks @Eudaimonium …I think the problem solving approach is a good one…set them a business related problem to solve. At the beginning of the pandemic I asked them for “COVID tech” ideas and they came up with a eatable distancing sensor design…that did lead to sourcing and pricing…wow, yes, I should revive that approach…thanks and cheers!

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
The true fastlane spirit is to give the kids one single goal and take away all of the rules. The perfect blend of creativity and optimization. Like who can build the tallest structure with $100. Who can make the fastest boat to race across a lake with $200. That kind of stuff. I would've been in heaven if I was allowed to do those sorts of things as a kid. I remember always feeling muzzled and held back with lame a$$ rules and all I wanted was to finally do something creative.

Because that's how life is. A very very open ended response. It pays to be creative, to not let rules confine you, and to think in many different ways about a goal. A year or two of this kind of thinking and when it comes to the question "how to make money" when they get older, they will apply the same creativity to it instead of following the "script" of life.

It will teach them about learning things for specific applications instead of useless "someday this will be useful" thinking. Imagine learning about thrust and drag effects in a body of water not because you're in a physics class, but because you want to build a F*cking boat that travels across the water faster than your classmates' boat, or something to that effect. It circles back to the whole "the best book to read is the one that solves the problem in front of you" theory.

Less rules, learning for a real reason and not for a test, thinking outside the box is rewarded, doing something actually cool.

This will have a better effect on their "entrepreneur brain" than lecturing them about business.

Techbandits

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 19, 2021
The true fastlane spirit is to give the kids one single goal and take away all of the rules. The perfect blend of creativity and optimization. Like who can build the tallest structure with $100. Who can make the fastest boat to race across a lake with $200. That kind of stuff. I would've been in heaven if I was allowed to do those sorts of things as a kid. I remember always feeling muzzled and held back with lame a$$ rules and all I wanted was to finally do something creative.

Because that's how life is. A very very open ended response. It pays to be creative, to not let rules confine you, and to think in many different ways about a goal. A year or two of this kind of thinking and when it comes to the question "how to make money" when they get older, they will apply the same creativity to it instead of following the "script" of life.

It will teach them about learning things for specific applications instead of useless "someday this will be useful" thinking. Imagine learning about thrust and drag effects in a body of water not because you're in a physics class, but because you want to build a f*cking boat that travels across the water faster than your classmates' boat, or something to that effect. It circles back to the whole "the best book to read is the one that solves the problem in front of you" theory.

Less rules, learning for a real reason and not for a test, thinking outside the box is rewarded, doing something actually cool.

This will have a better effect on their "entrepreneur brain" than lecturing them about business.
Fantastic! The contest is a brilliant approach, thank you! And if I open it up from the kids to parents educators or even just fellow geeks as well, they’ll get to see how different people approach the problem differently…and we could even suggest a donation as entry fee to help cover the kid’s expense…mine too for that matter! ;-) One of the many things I love about doing this TechBandits things with the kids is that I often get to learn more than they do…thanks for this!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
start them here

i like to do what @Johnny boy said, give them the outcome, let them figure out the path.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...