The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inspiration – maybe this can help

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
A topic on this board is often where can I find inspiration. I thought I would post some of the things that work for me and maybe it can help out some people.

I find the Who, What, Where, Why, and When questions very helpful in qualifying an idea. I often play a game in my head called how can I make it better. What I do is take any object like a toothbrush, and umbrella, car tires and think to myself
How can I make this better?
Who would this appeal to?
What can I do to improve this item?
Take the toothbrush. It is probably the same for 100’s of years but it does not do a good job on the inside of your teeth. Maybe a double sided toothbrush could work(it’s already been done so don’t waste your time unless you can improve on it) so that is just a game I play to keep me entertained and my mind thinking.

Another way to find inspiration is to just look around and notice things. Yesterday I was on the bus going home from work and I look out the window and saw a person trying to drive and eat a hamburger at the same time. I thought to myself “there has got to be a better way†so I started thinking about it. Maybe a driver can strap a tray around his/her neck and place all of the food there. This way they are not concerned about making a mess on their suit while they drive and they do not have to look down to find a place to put the food down safely. Now ……I think it is a silly idea and not something I am going to pursue but just looking around and noticing things can get your mind moving.

Another way I do it is to play a game called can I rent it? In this game I think of things that are expensive that might not be currently rented like cars or homes.

The last way I find inspiration is by experience. I started my current venture because of it. I burnt my hand BBQ on my grill and I looked on the internet and found other people had similar issues so I created a product that would solve this problem. Even though I am still not making money yet I have sold about 500 units and my product is in 7 states in about 40 stores including many Ace Hardware stores. My site is www.safetohandleusa.com. At the bottom I included a mini commercial that I had my son do.

I hope this info helps people get started on their path to the fast lane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.