What's new

Infringing on IP for fun & profits

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

theag

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
3,900
Rep Bank
$5,025
User Power: 298%
I'm of course just half-serious about the thread title, but here's a surprising thing that happened to me.

A few weeks ago I bought a domain name with the goal of using it as a blog for RE investment in Switzerland in the mid- to long-term after I have some knowledge to write intelligently about it.

A week ago I got an email from the IP department of one of the biggest insurance companies in the world, saying that my domain name kinda sounds and looks like theirs and if I could please delete or transfer it to them. They would cover my expenses (e.g. registration costs of approx. $20).

I replied that I liked my domain name and why should I delete/transfer it, but those with other TLDs not (I had the .com), also said what my intentions with the name were and if I could keep it under these circumstances.

Again, they replied and said they were also looking into getting the other TLDs and they understood what I want to do with the domain, but it sounds very similar and could confuse visitors and if I would accept $500 to transfer the domain to them.

🙄

Of course I said yes to this because I haven't done anything with the domain and it wasn't that great in the first place. So I had a nice, unintended (I even checked if the exact name was protected before I registered- it was not) ROI of 2400%.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Podi vaspuav! Pusnemmz vjot ot puv jux vjiti tovaevoupt hu fuxp.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom