So I find plenty on sourcing, dropshipping, FBA and such, but for the life of me can't find anything on the actual Brick & Mortar (B&M) distribution aspect for those looking to go that route.
My potential partner has been importing and exporting for years, but he's kind of a hustler without organisational (or internet) skills. I don't want to give the wrong impression, but think of importing stock liquidations from first world markets and exporting them to... less-than-obvious international markets. Nothing shady, he just has the right connections and experience in those markets.
We intend to start an import-export business to automate what he already has going on and expand that with an online brand for B2C and B2B distribution.
For that we need to lease a warehouse and start your typical warehousing... stuff?
Are there any sources on setting up the processes around a B&M warehouse? I'm looking for checklists, what the day-to-day operations look like etc.
Of course I can start like anyone else here, but I believe the physical warehouse can give me a leg up. My potential partner's business can cover the overhead, so that's not the problem. I just don't know where to educate myself on this aspect.
Any help?
My potential partner has been importing and exporting for years, but he's kind of a hustler without organisational (or internet) skills. I don't want to give the wrong impression, but think of importing stock liquidations from first world markets and exporting them to... less-than-obvious international markets. Nothing shady, he just has the right connections and experience in those markets.
We intend to start an import-export business to automate what he already has going on and expand that with an online brand for B2C and B2B distribution.
For that we need to lease a warehouse and start your typical warehousing... stuff?
Are there any sources on setting up the processes around a B&M warehouse? I'm looking for checklists, what the day-to-day operations look like etc.
Of course I can start like anyone else here, but I believe the physical warehouse can give me a leg up. My potential partner's business can cover the overhead, so that's not the problem. I just don't know where to educate myself on this aspect.
Any help?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
