The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inevitable Thinking toward financial freedom

Dwizzite

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 25, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hi there. I'm Dwight (aka Dwizzite).

I joined this forum after coming up with the idea that in order to reach my goal of make $10,000 a month by today next year, I must find a place where people already do that. That's why I'm here.

I was watching a video by Eben Pegan entitled "Inevitability Thinking" which theorizes that if you create a condition where you will inevitably achieve a desired outcome, you can't NOT reach that outcome.

I've done this with my current career, dating life, now I want to build a life of financial freedom, where I am my own boss. I design my own lifestyle.

So here I am. I'm willing to try everything until I find what works for me.

Also to increase the accountability, I"m giving 10 of the closest people in my like $100 next year to commit myself to making this happen.

Looking forward to lots of learning. I know so little.

Here's where I'm currently at. I've started a hypnotherapy practice.
I had my first paying customer a week ago ($60 for an hour). I'm going to bump it up to $100 after a handful more clients so that I feel I'm worthy of $100 per session.

I want to use Hypnosis to be a life coach and help people on a very deep level. I also want to create information products to have a stream of passive income. So the whole "coach" idea is my ideal gig. I've seen the data, and it sounds like my gig.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Welcome to the forum Dwight. It sounds like you're committed to your goals which is essential for any plan to succeed. I would recommend digging through the old threads and pick up a copy of MJ's book if you haven't already. There's tons of good advice in both and it will help you to focus your efforts.

As for life coaching, we've have a few of those guys as members. Kung Fu Steve is one of them who happens to be at B&P right now.

Good luck in the Fastlane! :fastlane:

alankong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 21, 2011
New Jersey
Hey Dwight,

Welcome to the Fastlane!

Sounds like you've got quite a niche for yourself in that market! Are you operating out of a brick & mortar location?

If so, just wanted to send a friendly fastlane member reminder to research research research on the demand for positive reinforcement hypnosis in your local community! Even the best niche ideas needs to be situated in the right market in order to thrive :)

Good luck with creating the information product! I hope you're able to create your 10k per month passive income off it by next year!

Best of luck :) talk to you soon.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Inevitable action is better than inevitable thinking.

Dwizzite

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 25, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Thank you so much for the welcoming!

Downloaded a sample of MJs book from Amazon and will buy it in 2 weeks when I get my next paycheck.

Inevitable Action... I like that better.

So I was thinking of some ideas... they're rough.

Goal #1: Make 10k a month by feb 24, 2012
Goal #2: Make 100k a month by feb 24, 2013.

I have no idea how I'm going to do this yet, but first I'm going to focus on 10k a month.

Also going to reread Think and Grow rich and write out an action plan.

Now that I have some clients for my coaching business, I also want to create passive income. Have a blog, but not sure where to go from there. Currently writing an ebook about conversation skills. Any ideas on what a good next step might be?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

alankong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 21, 2011
New Jersey
MJ..you make my brain blow up with ideas..it's amazing haha

Little steps are good Dwight! As with anything in life..you need to take on the small steps leading to your ultimate goal. It'll make it the journey much more bareable. Plus when you achieve the small milestones, it gives you the adrenaline to keep going. Before you know it...you will have reached your dreams :)

Dwizzite

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 25, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Right now I make $3,600 a month. I'm on salary as a music teacher. So I'm past the 1k mark. Should I should for 5k or is 10k still reasonable?

Bought the book after reading the sample. I figure if I want this bad enough, $10 is pennies.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I think what MJ was stating is that you need to learn how to generate $1k before you can repeat the process to generate $10k, $20k, $100k, etc

Working for someone else who pays you $3,600 is not generating money. You are trading your time for money. The key to fastlane is not to trade time for your money but to learn how to actually generate money by providing something of value and implementing several principles in order to leverage that and earn more.

If you can generate $1k then you know how to do it and then can repeat the process.

Dwizzite

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 25, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
GOTCHA! That is a much more realistic goal.

So I've been reading MJ's book and can't put it down! The paradigms he's sharing make sense, I just never saw them before.

I'm going to paraphrase in very general terms here to make sure I understand what I've read so far. If I miss anything, I'd really appreciate some feedback. I want to get this shit right. I'm going to use the model of an ebook since I currently have one in progress with 1k minimum a month as my goal for now.

Create my own business selling an Ebook online. Sell it for $10. Getting 100 hits a day, with the likelihood of 10 actually buying. That's $100 a day. That's $3,000 a month. A start. Still not quitting my day job because I want to exceed it by 2x to quit my job.

Now bigger picture... I have my business going so I've quit my job and am making 10million a year. Never work again. Take some of that money and begin lending it at 5% interest to cover bills. Look for ways to grow, maybe sell. Look for other small companies to buy (1-2 million bucks) and grow those, maybe sell them for more. Continue cycle.

Do I have this idea correct? If we're producers and buy and sell assets like companies, wealth then must be a series and buying, growing, selling, rinse/ repeat, with lending added in there to only pay for the small stuff, while the businesses are responsible (whether growing or selling them) for keeping and growing wealth.

Let me know if I've got this right.

Last edited:

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
GOTCHA! That is a much more realistic goal.

So I've been reading MJ's book and can't put it down! The paradigms he's sharing make sense, I just never saw them before.

I'm going to paraphrase in very general terms here to make sure I understand what I've read so far. If I miss anything, I'd really appreciate some feedback. I want to get this shit right. I'm going to use the model of an ebook since I currently have one in progress with 1k minimum a month as my goal for now.

Create my own business selling an Ebook online. Sell it for $10. Getting 100 hits a day, with the likelihood of 10 actually buying. That's $100 a day. That's $3,000 a month. A start. Still not quitting my day job because I want to exceed it by 2x to quit my job.

Now bigger picture... I have my business going so I've quit my job and am making 10million a year. Never work again. Take some of that money and begin lending it at 5% interest to cover bills. Look for ways to grow, maybe sell. Look for other small companies to buy (1-2 million bucks) and grow those, maybe sell them for more. Continue cycle.

Do I have this idea correct? If we're producers and buy and sell assets like companies, wealth then must be a series and buying, growing, selling, rinse/ repeat, with lending added in there to only pay for the small stuff, while the businesses are responsible (whether growing or selling them) for keeping and growing wealth.

Let me know if I've got this right.

MJ gives some great advice. However we all have to do things the way we feel is best. I personally hate the way people throw around words like retirement and passive income. Both imply you don't do a dam thing. Thats far from the truth on both accounts.

Now me personally I still have my day job. I am a partner in a business thats starting to take off and I enjoy it. I really don't imagine I will quit my job any time in the near future. I just really have fun and make money doing it.

The good news is this allows me to focus on just making money and not worrying to much. Double my income from my job would not do it for me. Unless I am making closer to 1 mill a year I don't imagine I would quit my job.

When you do get to the point that you are making 10 million you have to try and preserve that wealth. WHat an awful problem to have. HAHA FOr me thats going to be realestate I imagine. Then maybe open up some of those business I have always dreamed about and can have fun with.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...