The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Increase Conversion Rate/Review my Website

Marketing, social media, advertising

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
Hey Fastlaners,

I just recently purchased a bmw parts dropshipping company, www.autobahnbmwparts.com

The site has had about a 0.20% conversion rate of the past year or so. I know there are ways we can increase this by increasing the functionality of our site and by a few other tactics. So im looking for some advice/ideas for increasing our conversion rate?

Also, if you have any suggestions for the site, everything is greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
As an online parts buyer, I'd say emphasize the free shipping for orders over $100 and if possible, lower it to $50.

Do you have packages setup? Tune up package? Brake change package? Highlight them!

Where are the E36 M3 parts? I checked for brakes and found nothing. No pads, no rotors.

What about aftermarket stuff? Upgraded break pads. Drilled/slotted rotors, etc...

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
The reason its free over $100, is because our supplier gives pays 5% of the total cost towards shipping when the order is over $100.

Our parts selection is somewhat unorganized and needs to be cleaned up, which we are working on but we have over 2500+ parts so its tough to manage.

We want to add aftermarket parts but havent been able to find a supplier that will dropship a large variety of aftermarket parts. Im assuming we would have to set up individual accounts with each aftermarket manufacturer, but we havent looked too far into that yet considering we just took over at the beginning of the month.

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
We also have available a ton of parts that we just dont have listed in our online catalog

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
We want to add aftermarket parts but havent been able to find a supplier that will dropship a large variety of aftermarket parts. Im assuming we would have to set up individual accounts with each aftermarket manufacturer, but we havent looked too far into that yet considering we just took over at the beginning of the month.

What do the other auto parts drop shippers do for aftermarket?

Do you advertise on any BMW forums? How about a group buy with for some part? Cabin air filter? Oil filters?

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
Wow, 0.20... where's the traffic coming from?? Seems very low.

You need to determine -
- If the traffic is targetted, if its not.. the conversion rate is useless
- Where they're leaving
- What's causing them to leave (ie, long shipment time? not good copy? wrong/outdated info?)

Using some sort of a/b testing is fine for small changes, but you really need to start digging into your analytics.

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
a majority of our traffic comes from organic search and also from referral. We sponsor a forum and generate a good amounts of clicks through there. We were running adwords and were generating more sales during that campaign but our conversion rate wasnt high enough for it to beneficial cost/profit wise. We also just started an email marketing campaing, in our first email we had an 18% open rate and a 10% click rate which generated about 50 clicks. We ran a special 5% discount but didnt get any sales with the discount.

A lot of our traffic comes in to our product pages, so I suppose a lot could be leaving soon after entering if they found a better price on the same product on a different site. Also, a majority of our visitors visit for less than 30 seconds or so so we need to keep them on the website a lot longer.

I think we need to fix our search feature but we also need more people to actually search for products.

I only have the google analytics code set up on my home page so I cant track my visits to products and searches and things like that. I want to put it on all pages but im not necessarily positive on how to do that.

Nebojsa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Dec 1, 2013
What do you sell? Do you sell autobahn? That's the biggest word in whole site.

Focus on BMW parts, by showing one big image, instead of plenty of smaller ones.
Make logo much much smaller. There's no call to action!
You should add the search button closer to the cars, and say what they can do with this search.
"Find parts for your BMW car in the search box". And make the search box, or search button,
different color, like red, so it stands out of your grey template.

Make the brands grey, as they stand out too much.

Minimize the number of links on home page!

Right now checkout button really spikes my eyes, forcing me to click on it as it stands out.
But really, you don't want them to checkout on homepage. Make it smaller, and with different color.

I wouldn't be surprised if you decreased the number of bounces by half, by applying such suggestions.

Also improve the checkout page on billing information, as it has too much fields and sections, like
billing, shipping, promotion code and save account.

Best of luck ;)

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Everytime you click on buy it now option it adds 2 products to the cart???

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders