What's new

Impulse entrepreneurship, good or bad?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

OsmanS

New Contributor
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
63
Location
Washington,D.C
Rep Bank
$315
User Power: 49%
So a few days ago I was up at around 2 am doing what I normally do, just browsing this forum and watching a movie while on Facebook and Twitter, when I thought I noticed a business opportunity.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/iphone%20charger%20broke

There's a bunch of tweets about iphone/ipod/ipod chargers breaking on Twitter. Now I already know that selling phone chargers is one of the most over saturated markets on Ebay, but I assumed that since most of the people tweeting about their broken chargers were ages 14-20, they didn't use Ebay (Most of my friends have never purchased anything on eBay) and would be purchasing an official power adapter for 30 dollars from apples site.

In my 2 am drowsiness and overdosing on information from this forum, I thought I had a really good idea on my hands. I would start a site where I would dropship just one product, a generic power adapter for Apple products (which are unbelievably cheap on Ebay) for 10 or so dollars. I thought that if I found a dropshipper with a per product cost of around 3 dollars, I could get 7 dollar margins for each charger I sell.

So I went ahead and bought a domain ( Index of /) and after a 2 hours installed Associate O Matic on it. Then after going through a lot of trouble trying to make it work to my needs, I decided to just buy an eCommerce hosting solution.

Before I knew it, I was ready to spend about 320 dollars on this untested site that I hadn't done any real research on. Thankfully I realized what I was doing before it was too late and went to bed.

The moral of this long story? Beware of impulse entrepreneurship (most of the time) and don't rush into a business with guns blazing on a whim.

Now I might just continue this business and see if it is a viable option.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O katv apoptvemmif ettudoevi u nevod cvx, ovt katv vuu ahmz epf apdatvunobecmi gus nz piift, O'mm qsucecmz vsz 3fdes us cohdunnisdi
 
O'f caz gsun zua, og vji djeshist xisi usohopem. Jef vjot upi djieq icez djeshis et e cedlaq epf ov xet tjov. Vji caomf raemovz xet puvodiecmz xusti epf ov csuli egvis 2 xiilt ug mohjv ati. Quopv ot- nezci vjisi't e nesliv gus vjev.
Xjip O hiv iydovif ecuav e pix qsukidv nztimg, O vipf vu hiv et nadj fupi et quttocmi, xjomi vji gosi ot tvomm vjisi. Hsepvif, vjisi jet vu ci tuni lopf ug cetot gus vji iydovinipv.
O tez ati ov vu zuas efwepvehi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom