The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Sylvain, from France

Mr_Candyman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 5, 2013
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen .

Let me introduce myself, First of all, my name is Sylvain, my Username Parera stand for my second last name, I'm 21 and I come from the west of the France, a very beautiful and touristic place with a lot of delicious food specialities amongst other things .

I'm very proud of being a member of this forum, since i've read the incredible Book of sir MJ DeMarco, and I really think i've read it at the right moment in my life .

Let me explain briefly if you have a moment..

Lets get back 10 years earlier, when i was a young student, ( Funny how this makes me sound old :rolleyes:) just before I reached the middle school, I was a very good student, and as young as I was, I was already interested in business, I'm not talking here about making money, even if it was a logical result ..

But, no, I was just fascinated by the transactions, by the communication between a seller and a customer, just fascinated by the power of the business, I remember being 9 or 10 years old and making plan for selling lily-of-the-valley flowers on the 1st may ( a tradition in France ), how funny it is to think about it now !

Back in these times, my father was the owner and creator of an advertising company, and he took me with him on a business trip to Spain, to meet a manufacturer and visit his factory ( I was about 10yo ) , what a wonderful experience, everything was just fantastic, a whole new universe, visiting that huge paper factory, meeting new foreign peoples, such an amazing memory ...

When we came back in France, my father helped me write a paper about that travel, explaining what I've seen, what I understood from this travel etc.. I then presented that paper in front of my classmates, needless to say they didn't care about it at all . But that was the beginning of everything for me .

Then i reached middle school ..

When i was 12, I moved to another school, and started to look on internet for a business, so I would help my mother as much as i can, and I wouldn't have to ask for anything from my parents, Freedom !

So I learnt english, started to order products from China, and made myself a very good friend there, I made some great income by selling these products in my school, I bought my first laptop, and started to make plan, calculating projected turnover, learnt how to make a website, and each time I had an idea, I made a website about it, which, most of times were a failure, but I didn't care ..

But studies aren't doing well, teachers are making fun of me and my vision of life, and so do the students, no way I would complain about it, they were too ignorants to understand, I will let them have their little life like 99% of the peoples out there and do my own the way I want !.

But too much pressure on the little guy I was,what do you do when nobody trust in you but you ? I started having serious anxiety issues , my life became a nightmare, but I was still making business, selling a lot on ebay, on my city, learning every day from internet and from books about marketing, communication etc.. But guess what, I had lost all my dreams, it was like nothing has interest anymore, but so young !

So when I was 17, I left school and finished my studies at home, once I obtained my " Baccalauréat " diplom on 2011, I turned the page, And started to think again, think about project, think about business, think about products, what a feeling ! I'm living again ! My brain is functional again , and soon after, I read the Millionnaire FastLane, by MJ DeMarco, and it was like discovering again that feeling I had when I was 10 years old and discovering the Business Life !

Now I'm here, Head full of projects, Mind full of motivation ! And I don't wait anymore, I'm taking action, I'm Driving my life and I don't want to waste my time anymore .

Sir MJ DeMarco, Thanks you very much, You have woken up a sleeping entrepreneur, Your book should be teached at school ... I would translate it in French ! :eusa_clap:

Thanks you for reading that long story !

And I hope we will have great discussion on this forum

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
Great intro Sylvain and welcome aboard!

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Congratz on your unique name ;)

Mr_Candyman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 5, 2013
Thank you for your welcome, I appreciate it .

Thank you for the compliment sir :)

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
But studies aren't doing well, teachers are making fun of me and my vision of life, and so do the students, no way I would complain about it, they were too ignorants to understand, I will let them have their little life like 99% of the peoples out there and do my own the way I want !.

Bonjour Sylvain....you are among friends here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks Sylvain for the intro and the offer to translate TFM into French ... an email is on your way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...