The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm proud of myself!

D

DeletedUser394

It's been a long time since I've experienced a feeling like this.

I had a concept for a blog (I want to build my credibility for other endeavors that I have planned.)

I committed it to paper.

And I built it!

It's a small victory, and I hope to have many more.

I overcame some obstacles, (which I used to label as excuses)

1) I have no credit card (to pay for the domain/hosting)
2) I had no technical knowledge (even for something relatively simple)
3) Self doubt. (what if nobody wants to read it? What if I run out of topics to write about? what if.. what if... what if...)

I'm figuring it out more and more as I go along.

The important part is to just take that first step, no matter what doubts or reservations you think you have. Just do it anyway! :smxB:

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot, here's the blog: beastlife.com

I'll be adding a favicon, a link to facebook/twitter/other social medias, pictures to my blog posts, etc.

What do you guys think of the readability of the theme?

Any other suggestions?

Time to use this first small victory, to branch out, gain confidence, and accomplish bigger goals!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's been a long time since I've experienced a feeling like this.

The feeling of achievement is awesome and I am glad you are experiencing it. And notice, it doesn't involve money. Imagine the feeling of achievement PLUS someone is giving you money because of your achievement. The feeling is doubled ... feeling x 2! Way to go.

Aspire4More

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 24, 2011
Congrats, I'm in a similar boat. Started a blog recently targeting a specific niche with zero experience. Just recently aquired a nice aged domain that I'm trying to figure out how best to use.

D

DeletedUser394

Thanks everyone!

I just learned a pretty sweet lesson.

'Listen to the market'.

So I had created my blog, which I liked the design of.. but then I started getting what I viewed as criticisms. A few people said it was hard to read, it wasn't fluid, there was no colour, no pictures, etc.

Rather than get upset, I made the decision to look at this as feedback, and not criticism. I swallowed my pride, and realized that it's the CONSUMERS WHO DETERMINE WHAT THEY LIKE, and not you.

I took the feedback, and turned it into a much cleaner/user friendly website. I still have more to do to get it to where it has to be, but by changing my attitude from 'what do they know! They don't know what they're talking about!' to 'they know exactly what they want, and I'm going to do my best to give it to them' has done wonders so far.

And the funny thing is... I like the design a lot more now then I did before! :D

D

DeletedUser394

I LOVE that, thank you!

I just bumped you out of parked :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content