The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm new here

Msjae24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 25, 2019
Hello everyone, my name is Janince. This is my first time here so bare with me. I'm from Michigan and I braid hair been braiding for years, but recently everything has been at a stand still and I'm just trying to figure out how to reach more people to gain more clientele.

I'm also trying to expand to something different like a hair care line an I just don't know where to start, stop or look lol ijs. Like how do I get logo's ect. I'm tired of struggling to pay bills and raise my children. And I know God didn't gift me these hands to just let them go to waste.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Welcome, Janince.

No one here is gonna give you a blueprint.
You can ask specific questions and get 10 different opinions.

I think what most can agree on is this - your braiding service needs to be newsworthy to grow your business.
If you provide something that no one else can, only then are you gonna make a difference. Sub-par isnt gonna cut it.

What is your goal?

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome Janince. Step one is to read/listen to The Millionaire Fastlane and/or UNSCRIPTED . Then read the GOLD and NOTABLE threads on this forum. There's a gold mine of value in just that activity.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hello, welcome to the forum. Not familiar with hair, but I would do a lot of research on the topic of entrepreneurs who create hair products. I'm sure there's a whole science behind the cosmetic and hair industry.

I would look at how some of the products a being transformed into more environmental friendly solutions.

Msjae24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 25, 2019
Welcome, Janince.

I think what most can agree on is this - your braiding service needs to be newsworthy to grow your business.
If you provide something that no one else can, only then are you gonna make a difference. Sub-par isnt gonna cut it.

What is your goal?
Hello, welcome to the forum. Not familiar with hair, but I would do a lot of research on the topic of entrepreneurs who create hair products. I'm sure there's a whole science behind the cosmetic and hair industry.

I would look at how some of the products a being transformed into more environmental friendly solutions.
I have been doing a lot of research lately also trying to get back in school for cosmetology. I also looked into having a chemist but it's expensive. But thanks for the advice will continue researching and reaching out other entrepreneurs who specializes in hair care.

Msjae24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 25, 2019
Welcome, Janince.

What is your goal?
Thank you so much just for even taking the time to respond. So when you say newsworthy what exactly do you mean? And that's exactly what I'm trying to do far providing something other stylist don't like my own oils just for a start or test run. I have someone now working on my logo and business cards also.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Welcome to the forum Janice!

Since you mentioned logos, Checkout this website: logojoy.com

I get lots of my business logo ideas from there.

You sound like you already have a solid customer base, I think the route you should take is to create a product that you know your customers need.

For example the hair care product you mentioned, thats a great idea. Ask your customers what hair care products they are currently using. Are they using none? Explain to them the advantage of using one and sell them your own. Are they using a competitors? Make your product better than the competitors and then sell them yours!

Best
Champion

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Thank you so much just for even taking the time to respond. So when you say newsworthy what exactly do you mean? And that's exactly what I'm trying to do far providing something other stylist don't like my own oils just for a start or test run. I have someone now working on my logo and business cards also.
When i say newsworthy I mean your customers should want to tell their friends about you. Become "the best place in town" for your niche, and go from there.
Logo and business cards are nice, but thats not what is gonna make or break your career. Try to find out exactly what you want to do. Do you want to set up a franchise of braiding salons, or sell your unique hair product? Maybe you dont want to do any of those? Weigh the pros and cons, the expected outcome, vs worst case/best case. Do you want to profit 10k/year or 10m/year? You need systems to match those numbers.

Msjae24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 25, 2019
When i say newsworthy I mean your customers should want to tell their friends about you. Become "the best place in town" for your niche, and go from there.
Logo and business cards are nice, but thats not what is gonna make or break your career. Try to find out exactly what you want to do. Do you want to set up a franchise of braiding salons, or sell your unique hair product? Maybe you dont want to do any of those? Weigh the pros and cons, the expected outcome, vs worst case/best case. Do you want to profit 10k/year or 10m/year? You need systems to match those numbers.
Thank you. Exactly the things I need to think about.

Msjae24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 25, 2019
Welcome to the forum Janice!

Since you mentioned logos, Checkout this website: logojoy.com

I get lots of my business logo ideas from there.

You sound like you already have a solid customer base, I think the route you should take is to create a product that you know your customers need.

For example the hair care product you mentioned, thats a great idea. Ask your customers what hair care products they are currently using. Are they using none? Explain to them the advantage of using one and sell them your own. Are they using a competitors? Make your product better than the competitors and then sell them yours!

Best
Champion
Hi, and thank you. I'll check them out.

Also I do have a solid customer base it's just I need to set better scheduling times for myself and customers.

Those are great questions to ask. I have asked what do they prefer like a everyday oil, hot oil treatment ect. But again thank you for everything taking time to give your opinion.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Call up every single customer and thank them for supporting you.

Make them some food for the next time they come to you or you work for them. Show em some love.

Then, ask them to tell people about you because you want more clients.

After that, make a "google my business" page on google so people will find you on google maps.

Then, post ads on craigslist for your services.

Then, make a video of you smiling and saying that you will give a 50% discount for a first-time service and post the video as a facebook ad to the people in your area that are most likely to use your services.

You don't need a logo, you need to do 3 things.

1. Let people who are looking for your services find YOU first before they go somewhere else
2. Be proactive and reach out to people that aren't actively searching for your services but would sign up for it.
3. Get your current customers to tell others about you.

The best ways to make each happen.

1. Best way to be found by people looking for your services: Google and craigslist.
2. Best way to be proactive and reach out to people that aren't actively searching for your services: Facebook and Instagram ads
3. Best way to get customers to tell others about you: Do a great job. (Bonus tactic: Give discounts for when they share your work on social media and tag you. This alone will get you a ton more customers I'm confident of it)

I do marketing consulting for businesses and I charge around $250 to $500 an hour but if you'd like to get some one-on-one help I'll hop on the phone for a bit and create a plan for you. All for free obviously. Helping people grow their businesses is my favorite hobby.

Msjae24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 25, 2019
Call up every single customer and thank them for supporting you.

Make them some food for the next time they come to you or you work for them. Show em some love.

Then, ask them to tell people about you because you want more clients.

After that, make a "google my business" page on google so people will find you on google maps.

Then, post ads on craigslist for your services.

Then, make a video of you smiling and saying that you will give a 50% discount for a first-time service and post the video as a facebook ad to the people in your area that are most likely to use your services.

You don't need a logo, you need to do 3 things.

1. Let people who are looking for your services find YOU first before they go somewhere else
2. Be proactive and reach out to people that aren't actively searching for your services but would sign up for it.
3. Get your current customers to tell others about you.

The best ways to make each happen.

1. Best way to be found by people looking for your services: Google and craigslist.
2. Best way to be proactive and reach out to people that aren't actively searching for your services: Facebook and Instagram ads
3. Best way to get customers to tell others about you: Do a great job. (Bonus tactic: Give discounts for when they share your work on social media and tag you. This alone will get you a ton more customers I'm confident of it)

I do marketing consulting for businesses and I charge around $250 to $500 an hour but if you'd like to get some one-on-one help I'll hop on the phone for a bit and create a plan for you. All for free obviously. Helping people grow their businesses is my favorite hobby.
Oh wow thank you so much. I will be making calls for the rest of this week and weekend even text cause some of my clients always at work. Time to step out on faith with this information. And once again thank you for everything taking the time to give me advice.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...