• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO I'm Looking To Join The Fastlane

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by WTF, Jun 24, 2018.

1. WTF

WTF Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $170
    Hey everyone!

I'd prefer to keep myself anonymous, so I'll just refer to myself as WTF. I live in southern California, and the reason I'm here is overall just to build some of my wealth/acquire connections/help and be helped. I'm 21 years old. I've failed on three start-ups and have lost over $15,000 total (I'm pretty sure I've learnt from my mistakes though).

Hopefully I can learn a lot from MJ and his community of like-minded entrepreneurs and millionaires. Perhaps I'll even be able to find some advice/mentorship on the e-commerce business I'd like to start!

Who knows...

Glad to be a part of the FLF community. Cheers.

Andy Black, Lex DeVille and jon.a like this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,786
    Admin Post
    Welcome to the forum.

What happened here?

Andy Black, Lex DeVille and WTF like this.
  3. WTF

WTF Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $170
    Here's a private message I wrote out to one of the FLF members who asked me the same question concerning my failures:
    Overall it's just my own stupidity -- I fess up to it. Discouragement and quitting early and attempting to cater to a market that isn't there are my largest faults. I'm hoping to do better, and I'm willing to work to do better.

I've learned from my mistakes.

Hopefully I can start a profitable eCommerce business soon; currently trying to absorb as much information concerning products as I can before I dive in head-first -- I really don't want to fail/quit another business.

Also MJ, thank you for responding. Respect to you and the FLF Empire you've built. You're a large inspiration for me and all other entrepreneurs alike -- keep doing you.

Cheers.

Andy Black, MJ DeMarco and Chx like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,786
    Admin Post
    Learning and wisdom is not stupidity. You're fine.

Also there is a large group here that does web-design as a great hustle and cash-flow generator.

Web Design as a Hustle

It does work, maybe you just weren't doing it right.

Andy Black and WTF like this.
  5. WTF

WTF Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $170
    I'll look into it a little more. Perhaps I could get into it again -- it'd definitely be far better than the job I'm currently working. Then perhaps, sometime in the future, I could automate it.

We'll see...

Thank you for linking me. Cheers. :)

Andy Black likes this.
  6. Rich Wood

Rich Wood Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $617
    Welcome!
    Congrats on taking risk early in your career. Don't worry, $15k will seem like a deposit for the greatness you will achieve.

I recommend a couple of things to help you in your journey to freedom.
    1. Look for a mentor or someone that can help you in your path. Meet with them quarterly to get advice and provide updates.
    2. Find a position in a company for a bit, to learn from other experts, or go to school specifically for the area that you want to exceed in.
    3. You can be successful with either proper use of capital, intelligence, hard work, or hustle. To be really successful, you'll need to use all of these.
    4. Consider seeking education that is akin to what you may want to pursue.
    5. Seek out sales opportunities where income potential is not capped.
    6. Learn and grow off of someone else dime. For example, I worked for a company for three years and they paid for a chunk of my MBA. I provided valuable service while there, and they helped me move into the lane where I wanted to be in life.
    7. Learn skills that are attributable to what you really want to do in life. And if you want to be a fastlane member - financial freedom, then consistently pivot and take steps to be successful.
    8. Read or listen to unscripted - it is a great book, that can provide lots of valuable advice. I wish I would have read it at your age.
    Best of luck!

WTF likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.