The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm in a Difficult Position and not quite sure what to do

Idea threads

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022
Hey everybody i want to get as straight to the point as possible
I present my self my name is Jeffrey i am Now 19 as the usual i have some passions that need some funding in order to pursue
I'm also a Highschool Dropout living in a third world country (Colombia) I'm a Born Us citizen and it's going to be atleast 5 months until i am able to renew my passport and get back to the states

Getting a Job is kinda out of the equation because I'm a dropout 1)
2) I don't have any experience
3) In Third world country

I am bilingual but i don't want to work 8 Hours 6 days a week in some company because really that's the option with Call Centers
One of my side hustles is YouTube but haven't gotten any traction with that yet, and i frequently work with my dad as a Mover i have some debt over me, so that's my only Source of Income

I was wondering what Type of Startups or business's can i start with low investment
I was thinking about walking dogs since i have walked dogs in the past i have made Business Cards and thought about spreading them all over a Certain parr of town (rich people you know people who can actually afford this)
I know i would be Dickering around with Slowlane Job metrics but that would be way better then what I'm doing now which is just work with my dad
I want to be able to finance Music and Gymnastics Classes because essentially that's what my YouTube is going to be part of

I have 5 months in order to Prove to my family that i got this, Because it's going to take that long in order to renew my passports and be able to fly to the U.S
I honestly don't want to go to the U.S in order to get a job but i really can't say No since i currently stand on nothing and have nothing to prove them with (A.k.a Money)
I have multiple reasons to start that really move me as a person like being able to buy my own food and buy my parents and friend's stuff i am Open to anything

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
While in Colombia you can sell English lessons to locals who want to learn.

Or sell some sort of tourism package to tourists.

I just came back after living there for three years so trust me when I say these routes can provide you with money while you fly back to the U.S.

What exactly is the difficult position you're in? I don't see it.

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022
While in Colombia you can sell English lessons to locals who want to learn.

Or sell some sort of tourism package to tourists.

I just came back after living there for three years so trust me when I say these routes can provide you with money while you fly back to the U.S.

What exactly is the difficult position you're in? I don't see it.
Thing is I'm starting to feel pressure to start making Some money, i want to help with my parents with the bills food and i want to be able to afford my own stuff it might not sound so rough but it's a big step up from literally not making anything

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Go to hostels and anywhere young people/travelers are known to lounge (cafes, gallery's,bars).

Patron and befriend the workers, managers, owners and ask if you can promote your services. Graphic flyers do well with these services and is something physical you can leave behind to get customers.

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022
Go to hostels and anywhere young people/travelers are known to lounge (cafes, gallery's,bars).

Patron and befriend the workers, managers, owners and ask if you can promote your services. Graphic flyers do well with these services and is something physical you can leave behind to get customers.
My services would be the dog walking right, i also thought I could go to the parts of town and go to the apartment complexes and talk to the Security guards and leave them some Business Cards aswell

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I lived in Colombia, while poverty is widespread is it really considered third world? More developing country with solid structures in basic institutions and tons of money to made. Find a problem which there are ton of and come up with a solution.

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022
I lived in Colombia, while poverty is widespread is it really considered third world? More developing country with solid structures in basic institutions and tons of money to made. Find a problem which there are ton of and come up with a solution.
Where could i search for problems or what cues could i look for?

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
I was thinking about walking dogs since i have walked dogs in the past
I know i would be Dickering around with Slowlane Job metrics but that would be way better then what I'm doing now
i am Open to anything
You kind of answer your own post here. It's either that or you're not as open to doing "anything" as you said you are.

I'm curious though. Are your parents giving you shit for working on your own things whilst you're with them? If not then you can spend your time building out your youtube channel and save some money. Don't feel pressure to move out because you see others doing it. Are those deadlines and pressure self-imposed?

Another perspective to realize is that all the responsibilities you think will be taken care of when you leave home will just be replaced with new ones. The thing will not get easier if you choose to start a business. It's going to get harder, more stressful, riskier, and at the same time more rewarding. If you can't build a business when you don't have to pay rent and bills, it's going to be much harder to build one when you have to worry about them.

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022
You kind of answer your own post here. It's either that or you're not as open to doing "anything" as you said you are.

I'm curious though. Are your parents giving you shit for working on your own things whilst you're with them? If not then you can spend your time building out your youtube channel and save some money. Don't feel pressure to move out because you see others doing it. Are those deadlines and pressure self-imposed?

Another perspective to realize is that all the responsibilities you think will be taken care of when you leave home will just be replaced with new ones. The thing will not get easier if you choose to start a business. It's going to get harder, more stressful, riskier, and at the same time more rewarding. If you can't build a business when you don't have to pay rent and bills, it's going to be much harder to build one when you have to worry about them.
Well my parents are in one way or another indirectly telling me to Basically get a Job which i understand as Income

In another way it's also self imposed i guess because I want to afford my Own stuff like i mentioned Music and Gymnastics because those are my passions and i want to afford Teachers

At the same time i also want to be more independent from my parents you know eventually I would like to move out, i have realized that YouTube is going to take Months perhaps a year or two,
And in the meantime i don't want to wait all that in order to be able to afford my stuff like,
In 2023 i plan on travelling to Brazil with friends
And i don't want to wait all of that time to be able to afford my music stuff and sport things
So i thought that i should start something more in the short term like dog walking so i can Invest Or Purchase those same things I've mentioned,

Because as i have mentioned Music and sports is a big part of what my YouTube is going to be about
So i thought I should start something more short term in order to get funding for My stuff, YouTube, Brazil, Music, gymnastics and other things like clothes and stuff

Did i make my self clear?

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Where could i search for problems or what cues could i look for?

here:

Also, read the threads in the Idea, Needs and Concepts section of the forum. You have many threads to help you understand how to go about finding ideas.

Also:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_sj4Cq6GM

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You can always spot someone who hasn't read the books, or minimally, didn't comprehend them at all.

Good luck on your journey my friend.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Hey everybody i want to get as straight to the point as possible
I present my self my name is Jeffrey i am Now 19 as the usual i have some passions that need some funding in order to pursue
I'm also a Highschool Dropout living in a third world country (Colombia) I'm a Born Us citizen and it's going to be atleast 5 months until i am able to renew my passport and get back to the states

Getting a Job is kinda out of the equation because I'm a dropout 1)
2) I don't have any experience
3) In Third world country

I am bilingual but i don't want to work 8 Hours 6 days a week in some company because really that's the option with Call Centers
One of my side hustles is YouTube but haven't gotten any traction with that yet, and i frequently work with my dad as a Mover i have some debt over me, so that's my only Source of Income

I was wondering what Type of Startups or business's can i start with low investment
I was thinking about walking dogs since i have walked dogs in the past i have made Business Cards and thought about spreading them all over a Certain parr of town (rich people you know people who can actually afford this)
I know i would be Dickering around with Slowlane Job metrics but that would be way better then what I'm doing now which is just work with my dad
I want to be able to finance Music and Gymnastics Classes because essentially that's what my YouTube is going to be part of

I have 5 months in order to Prove to my family that i got this, Because it's going to take that long in order to renew my passports and be able to fly to the U.S
I honestly don't want to go to the U.S in order to get a job but i really can't say No since i currently stand on nothing and have nothing to prove them with (A.k.a Money)
I have multiple reasons to start that really move me as a person like being able to buy my own food and buy my parents and friend's stuff i am Open to anything
One of the best side gigs here in Italy is doing the delivery man, in just 4 hours of work I'm sometimes be able to make 40 - 45 euros, wich is higher than the average hourly wage here ( 8 euros per hour)

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022
You can always spot someone who hasn't read the books, or minimally, didn't comprehend them at all.

Good luck on your journey my friend.
MJ de marco I have Read The millionaire fastlane
And i thought that my millionaire fastlane system was going to be content Creation (YouTube) and i could eventually monetize that selling books courses etc,

But i want some make some money now,

Oh man I don't get it what am i doing wrong or what i could improve??

I've also thought about another idea, i work with my dad as a Mover it's inconsistent but it's basically the only job i have and i thought about something
That i could make a Mover website where people can look for me on Google and i would get all the customers all i would have to do is delegate and i could delegate all the services to the company my dad works for and I could get commissiond i could charge whatever and get my commission for the service

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.