The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"I'm Fine, Thanks" - New movie project on Kickstarter! Feat. MJ!

Wuping

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 6, 2012
Europe
Hi fellow Fastlaners! I sure hope this is not a repost.

Today I stumbled upon a great new project called "I'm Fine, Thanks".

I'm Fine, Thanks
is a new, feature-length documentary about complacency. It's a collection of stories about life, the choices we all make, and the paths we ultimately decide to follow.

We examine the factors that motivate and drive our major life choices. And, most importantly, whether or not the path we follow through life - and the habits we form based on that path - are truly connected with who we really are as individuals.
This is a movie about the moment people realize the life they're living is not the life that's true to their heart... and, as a result, what they decide to do about it!

Read more about the project here

I donated right away, since this could become very interesting!! Please tell me your thoughts:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
What happens if they don't reach their funding goal, do I get my money back?

You are correct, this is straight from their FAQ:

All-or-nothing funding?

Every Kickstarter project must be fully funded before its time expires or no money changes hands.

1. It's less risk for everyone. If you need $5,000, it's tough having $2,000 and a bunch of people expecting you to complete a $5,000 project.

2. It allows people to test concepts (or conditionally sell stuff) without risk. If you don't receive the support you want, you're not compelled to follow through. This is huge!

3. It motivates. If people want to see a project come to life, they're going to spread the word.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
When I used to work as a counselor and someone would tell us, "I'm Fine."

We would say, "Oh, you mean Fucked up, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional?" ;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks awesome -- I was interviewed in my home in this project and my ugly mug even makes an appearance in the trailer.

I'm the guy who says "since we've been young, we've been indoctrinated to follow a prescribed formula..."

I'll be pledging.

MNentre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Dec 11, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
MJ, lookin all rico sauve for the interview! ha

The trailer looks good, I just pledged. Hopefully it wont take long to raise the money, and get this film in theaters.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Trailer looks great.

One thing though is that the films seems to be more about real Happiness, than Complacency... I think their marketing is slightly off target.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Project is 1/2 way funded. $50K down, $50 left to go.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
congratulations MJ, looks really really great.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Looks awesome -- I was interviewed in my home in this project and my ugly mug even makes an appearance in the trailer.

I'm the guy who says "since we've been young, we've been indoctrinated to follow a prescribed formula..."

I'll be pledging

I thought I recognized you on the trailer!! I am funding, too.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I was happy to hear this morning that they reached their funding goal (actually surpassed it!) of $100,000. I'm really looking forward to seeing it :) Kickstarter success!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I'm going to the premier in NYC on July 13th. Anyone else able to make it?

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Just saw the Premier in NYC. Awesome movie/Documentary. You looked good MJ. I thought that you would have had a bigger part, but looked great anyway. They spoke a little too much about following your passion, yet their main focus was getting out of the Rat Race, not doing what the per-conceived plan of going to college, getting a degree, getting a job, getting married, having kids, getting the house with the white picket fence, saving for the next 40 years and then, finally, enjoying your life when your 65. I thought they did an excellent job and recommend that all fastlaners check this movie out!

Wuping

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 6, 2012
Europe
Just received notice, that the movie is finally available for download:)
Can't wait to see it.

Tell me what you think about it?
Likwid: Sounds great:) It seems to question the way we are told we're "supposed" to live - which is really important to question.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I just downloaded my copy... all 800 mb of it :) I am going to get some tamales and a glass of wine and watch it. So excited!!

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
It was a really great documentary. Very well done. I almost felt like it was only half of the story, though. I felt like knowing more about how those people changed their lives.

That said, it made me think a lot about the choices that I have made (and the future choices that I will be faced with). Have you ever heard the expression about how the choices you make when you are young "cast long shadows"? I think it is along the same vein as how MJ talks about the "horsepower" of our decisions.

The older we get and more entrenched in our lives we become, the more difficult it is to change the trajectory of our lives. It doesn't make anything impossible, but it made me realize that I really need to think about every decision that I make here on out and see if it takes me further or closer to my goal : freedom.

Even something as simple as whether to charge a purchase to a credit card. Does this help me or hurt me in the long run? That's an easy one. Others that are more difficult are: taking a particular job, starting a particular kind of business, hanging out with a certain friend, going to college, what to study, etc. It can get difficult.

Those are my deep thoughts for the day :)

I'd recommend that anyone watch the movie, though.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
I really want to see this, I never pledged though, any way of getting it?

D

DeletedUser13

I just saw the trailer of "I'm Fine, Thanks" and spotted MJ in it, thought I will share:

[video=youtube_share;jNDZgvne_5k]http://youtu.be/jNDZgvne_5k[/video]

Here you can buy it for $5: Store

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.