What's new

I'm a student of subcommerce

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Bemmu

New Contributor
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
4
Rep Bank
$75
User Power: 25%
Living in Japan and supporting myself through online projects. I've had several and plan to do more in the future, but the one doing the best right now is called Candy Japan. It's a subscription service where members get random surprise sweets twice a month from Japan.

I started the business a year ago with the goal to learn how subscription ecommerce works. I've learned a ton while doing it and have tried to remain open about the numbers and stuff I've learned (last month revenue was $7234 of which ~$1600 was after-tax profit). If you want to start an online business, I suggest just go for it. I was fortunate enough to already have a few hundred customer contacts from a previous ecommerce site, so I just emailed them "hey, if you'd like to some random Japanese candy, please paypal me $24".

I feel like once you have even a few people pay you for something, you feel obligated to continue on the path and push forward. And then the next thing you think about is "well, since I'm already doing this, how do I do it better?". It progresses naturally from there, but at least in my case ONLY if I have some actual customers. Otherwise it just feels like fantasy, and it's tough to be motivated purely from that.

Well, I'm always looking for blogging ideas so if there's any subcommerce stuff you'd like to learn more about, you can contact [email protected] or read some past posts on Candy Japan blog and Bemmu.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Cz tacdunnisdi, fu zua niep tactdsoqvoup cetif dunnisdi?

Up e simevif puvi, xjz puv uggis vji uqvoup vu katv qasdjeti depfz fosidvmz gsun zuas tovi optvief ug upmz vjsa e tactdsoqvoup tiswodi? Tiint zua'si ohpusoph e coh djapl ug quttocmi datvunist. Gus iwisz qistup xommoph vu qupz aq $24 gus e nupvjmz tactdsoqvoup, vjisi nez ci fubipt xommoph vu caz zuas mevitv uggisoph gus mitt katv vu vsz ov uav.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom