The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm a 7 figure eCommerce Seller and Here's My 2 Cents

DealTeamSix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jan 21, 2018
New York City
Not at all. There could be people using it but there aren't a lot of people taking action.

Plus that's one method.

Combine that with bundling and getting product ideas and off you go. Your research by no means ends at Jungle Scout, use it to see market demand and adjust for your business :)

I've heard ViralLaunch is also good.. do you prefer JungleScout over ViralLaunch?

Also how to you go about thinking through how to mitigate risk in your first product launch as well as figuring out how much you'll need to budget for startup costs? (presume in the first few months you will be losing money)

Van Halen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2017
United Kingdom
If the AMA is still going, I would love to pick your brains..

How do you go about finding products to invent, and confirm theres a need for it?

Sorry for the tell me all the steps question, but maybe just a general strategy you use or have used previously..

Do you think up ideas in everyday life from pain points, and see if theres a need?
Do you go off existing products and use low rated products but high sales and address improve on those issues?
Do you look for high search volume and low market supply?

What works best for you man?

Tom Coffee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 13, 2018
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Hi,
Great to hear about your business. You are doing great. I am an Amazon FBA seller.
I have a question. How did you setup the multiple accounts ?
I have one account that I am doing 5 figures a year with after one year. I want to start another account for private labeling. Can you tell me how to do that?

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Awesome post man. Fellow FBA'r here. I focus mostly on my own Private Label and Trademarked brands (as opposed to wholesale) these days but your numbers are pretty impressive. I am just curious about something regarding whole selling if you don't mind sharing.

I know of a few other people that do pretty impressive numbers as well and their margins were pretty low for the amount of work they were doing. There's ranged from 5% net to 15% on the exceptional high end. Another thing that turned me off was if you don't have brand exclusivity on AMZ there is nothing to guarantee that other sellers won't start panicking and sell outside of the MAP. Just curious about how you deal with these issues at the level you're on.

Much success.

Sorry for the delay. I have been looking at items for the upcoming October rush. Your concerns are valid as far as listing hi jackers go. I won't go as far as to say it "can't" happen, but I will say that Amazon is doing a much better job protecting those that are brand registered. Plus you get access to enhanced listing content and I hear they are about to roll out new features for those that have taken the steps to get their brands registered. As for MAP, that's mostly a wholesaler issue when someone sells below the minimum price allowed by the distributor or manufacturer. I personally have not run into any hi-jacking issues on my listings but I have heard of it happening to some quite a while ago. Amazon has tightened down on even getting an FBA account now and I just walked my daughter through the process and they have added several new identity verification layers now. Hope this helps.

miraman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 2, 2018
Can anyone simplify the branding process into laymans terms and not have to buy an ebook to get a grasp of it? Example: If I am interested in a product to buy and sell, and seems that many others are selling it as well. How do you make that product look like yours?

DURABLEOILCOM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 25, 2012
What type of products are you selling? Are they big brand name products or private label brand items from China? How much profit % are you making on average per item?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.