What's new

Ignorance Leading to Failure.

A post of a ranting nature...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

collin_e

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
48
Location
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Rep Bank
$455
User Power: 163%
I want to start out by saying that my last 4 months have not been nearly as productive as I wished. In May, I decided to stop funding my first try at "entrepreneurship" (I dislike the entrepreneur term) which has zero support from the industry I was trying to target. I read both books, and thought Wow! online is the only way to make millions!

My foolish self, completely ignoring testing the market, or looking at pre-existing solutions, jumped head first into the project. Some $2k~ later and 5 months of complete frustration and a lack of any sign of success, I gave up.

Let me tell you what's been happening, mostly to hold accountability for myself, and to show that I'm not just a flyby. Local service is what I was born and raised in. My father owns a salvage yard/repair shop, which I've gained great knowledge in the local service industry. My goal with starting my own local service is to show my father that I'm not dumb, and have a sense of how a business should run and grow.

1.) I have identified a local service industry in my area that has 2 competitors. One is very large, and seems carter to the mass quantity. The Second is smaller but still large. Both places have TERRIBLE websites, hardly any online presence, and bad reviews on their generic Google Maps "profile". I have started on building the equipment and have been very busy with 2.). This industry is a type of highly durable metal refinishing.
1.a) I requested a quote from the smaller of the 2 competitors and have yet to get a response. (2 weeks) I also had a job done from them, and if I paid for them, I would want them redone.

2.) In just 4 short days (Sep. 22nd) I'll be married to the women that pop started my drive for entrepreneurship. She shares the same drive as me, works just as hard as I do and has a very successful coffee shop (one location). Without her, I wouldn't be half the person I am today.
2.a) Can I say how lucky I am to have her?

I plan to come full force and have the operation up and running by November. I value the slightest respect I get from anyone in this forum, and my goal for 2019 is to earn as much as I can. I do not want to be anther wantrepreneur.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom