The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you had $10m in the bank what would you do every day?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I would give it to church! They can handle money they didn’t work for!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
I was thinking one of these $40m yachts.

But back down to earth ... a week long trip on one of the ones you list would be really fun
Hmm I looked around for one of those...

They are about 1m a week :wideyed:

There are only two times when you are the happiest with your yacht.

The day you buy it and the day you sell it.

I think the best way to enjoy such luxury is to connect with other people and let everyone throw some money in and rent it.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston

:rofl: :rofl:

Didn't know yachts can be that expensive, a bit over the top. 40 mill is some peasant stuff :hilarious:

Jim Pattision has a crazy yacht in the downtown Vancouver area, heard it costs about 6 figures to fill up just for fuel......yikes

This one's pretty nice, only 4 million dollars!

I checked out their website, 290 million euro yacht.

At the bottom, I saw that their website was maintained by Yacht Marketing | Superyacht Marketing | Relevance Yacht

Interesting - a web design and SEO guy/company/agency that only does websites for yacht companies. Imagine the market for that, as opposed to generic joe schmoe web designer out of xyz city with no niche.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
I've seen this question asked in lots of places when someone wants to know what their "purpose" is or if they're looking for an "enlightenment".

So you've just checked your bank balance and there's $10m in the bank. You've bought the nice cars, travelled a little and have all the clothes you need.

How are you going to spend each day going forward?

The answer for me would be more travel. I would like to still earn money passively (online), but I want to see as many places as this world has to offer and experience different cultures.
well, now that you have all the trash you could possibly need, here's where life starts (not the other way around). It's time to do what you love and support what you consider important: to keep growing, in short.

I'm a builder person. I've always enjoyed spending days alone, whether it's designing some invention, learning how to code, starting businesses, or doing any work just for the pleasure of becoming a better person. If I had $10M as a builder, it'd spend that on a SaaS company (for fun) without having profits as a priority.

I'd like to create an ultra-realistic gamification app, so anybody who used it could feel work as addicting as an MORPG videogame. I'd try to develop some technology to train your brain, kind of like a virtual world (like Matrix) except that time moves faster inside. So you get accelerated learning.

Finally, it would be cool to work on a space program and build and artificial planet. If $10M isn't enough, then go make some more! By that time, the SaaS would have financed it already.

So yeah, there's a lot to do. I don't remember ever taking a vacation (when I had them as a student, I invented projects) and all of it sounds fun for sure.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
Probably the same. I would love to travel and "enjoy" life, but at the end, I feel better about myself and life is when I have goal, a project to work. The best part is that I won't need to worry anymore for other things like money or living in this country (with all of that implies).

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Experiment with different business models that I haven't tried yet. I have a "business bucket list" -- buying and optimizing a saas, high level corporate consulting, product licensing, teaching a practical business course as an adjunct at a university, doing a venture funded deal, and producing a film or series. Relaxing and vacations are all good, but can get boring fast. This keeps things dynamic and interesting.

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
I wouldn't change a lot. Just reduce the number of hours I work on my own business (I only work 30hrs a week anyway) and take an extra day off each week to brew beer/go hiking in nature/read more etc. As a family we'd travel interstate/overseas a little more often.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Last edited:

paulmp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
407%
Jul 1, 2017
Western Australia
Not a huge amount would change... I'd spend a bit more time taking photos and making videos that I enjoy doing and a bit less doing client work for clients that I really don't want to work with... but pay the bills.

I'd probably buy a modest house at some point and I've always wanted to buy my parents a house... I'd do that down the track though.

Wil22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jun 8, 2020
Philadelphia,Pa
I googled them a bit ... apparently its a six figure expense just to put fuel in these things. They say to budget 10% of the initial purchase price as your annual operational cost. Yikes.
Growing up on the water we used to call boat investments, a Big hole in the water you keep dumping money into. I saw a few boat owners too broke to pay for fuel. They’d just sit there and go up and down with the tide. Rent it instead.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
I've seen this question asked in lots of places when someone wants to know what their "purpose" is or if they're looking for an "enlightenment".

So you've just checked your bank balance and there's $10m in the bank. You've bought the nice cars, travelled a little and have all the clothes you need.

The answer for me would be more travel. I would like to still earn money passively (online), but I want to see as many places as this world has to offer and experience different cultures.

Make love, live for maybe 3 months at-a-time in my favorite places in the world, play sports, enjoy outdoor adventures.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

I've read this whole thread and notice that people are talking about what they would buy or rent. That's not the point here. There's a deeper question. When you have everything you need and want... and you've been everywhere you want to go -- how do you find purpose and meaning? How do you make it worth getting up in the morning? Being successful creates whole new issues. That's why many people lay down and die after they retire. For them, their lives are over when they leave their career and businesses. Or some people throw their money away and must start at ground 0 again. Many find that they have thrown away all of their meaningful relationships while they pursued their quest to the top. And there they stand alone and exposed -- with nowhere else to go.

Along the way on your journey, you might want to think about creating a landing pad for yourself when you finally arrive at what you THINK is your ultimate goal.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

AlfaStream

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 21, 2020
United States
Referendum; Invest into a few assets depending on what I expect my life span to be maybe 1/5-1/4 into investments and live on $100k/yr for the rest of my life.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I would resurrect Cthulu. I'm sick of how for millennia all of these people have been talking about how the world is coming to an end. I would be the guy who says that the world is ending and delivers.

MarkLavagne

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 27, 2019
Singapore
Invest into 2 flows:
- targeting capital gains to make 10mil into 100mil
- targeting towards making the world better through eliminating straws proper education

You don't need 10mil to travel the world and explore cultures, you can do that with much less. If you wanna fly business class and stay 5star hotels only - it's self gratification disguised as exploring the world.

G

Guest1413tpa

If this happened right now, today?
1. Take 25% of the amount or less.
2. Buy a house on a lake up north, Traverse City or further north.
3. Buy a Cybertruck.
4. Buy an Icon A5 and all the accessories, get pilot training. Maybe get an Ultralight too.
5. Save what ever is left in personal accounts.
5. Pump the remaining 75% into my little micro-Private Equity Fastlane project I am working on :)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
At the risk of sounding like Felix Dennis, I'd dedicate my life to planting trees, and more precisely native forests planted using the Miyawaki method. I'm already planting trees and supporting tree-planting causes so I'd just scale it.

I absolutely love Felix Dennis' project The Heart of England Forest (not the Miyawaki method but still extremely impressive to create a new huge forest from scratch) and would love to create something similar. $10M would definitely be an excellent start.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.