The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you had $10m in the bank what would you do every day?

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I've seen this question asked in lots of places when someone wants to know what their "purpose" is or if they're looking for an "enlightenment".

So you've just checked your bank balance and there's $10m in the bank. You've bought the nice cars, travelled a little and have all the clothes you need.

How are you going to spend each day going forward?

The answer for me would be more travel. I would like to still earn money passively (online), but I want to see as many places as this world has to offer and experience different cultures.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Care for my farm, probably breed some weird species of insects, walk the dog, study occultism, do my part to save the environment, do a lot more work with addicts.

Wil22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jun 8, 2020
Philadelphia,Pa
Surprisingly I wouldn’t change much. I would still eat healthy, exercise daily, build my online business and enhance my personal relationships (my current goals). Changes would be in degrees; perhaps a warm climate to live in, a slightly large house and turn in my 5 year old car with 100k miles for a newer one.
A more thought-provoking exercise is what to do if you receive $100,000 this month? Not enough to retire but enough to create/build something of value. Ideas?

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Surprisingly I wouldn’t change much. I would still eat healthy, exercise daily, build my online business and enhance my personal relationships (my current goals). Changes would be in degrees; perhaps a warm climate to live in, a slightly large house and turn in my 5 year old car with 100k miles for a newer one.
A more thought-provoking exercise is what to do if you receive $100,000 this month? Not enough to retire but enough to create/build something of value. Ideas?

I think Real Estate might be the best option for smaller amounts. You can obviously buy a lot with $10m too!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Post on Instagram how awesome my life is in front of a Lamborghini selling $10k seminars on mindset coaching :cool:

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
All on black!

Just kidding

Invest in bonds with low risk probably.
With 5% interest rates you monthly income would be around $42k for doing no work at all.
Or invest one half for 20k per month and start a new business with other 5 million

imdchange

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 20, 2020
Pasadena, CA
Yeah, I'm with @juresesko on this one. Some bonds and just any amount of interest I need to live off on, then use the rest to invest in my own business.

If there's any left over, I'd probably also put it up as funding for startups that show promise.

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
Yeah, I'm with @juresesko on this one. Some bonds and just any amount of interest I need to live off on, then use the rest to invest in my own business.

If there's any left over, I'd probably also put it up as funding for startups that show promise.

YESS, there is also a whole chapter about that topic in Unscripted .

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Buy a house for my parents and another one for my sister.

Open shelters where dogs and cats don't get put to sleep and they can wait for an adoption for as long as needed.

Work on random projects without worrying about having to worry about making money from them.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
That's honestly not a lot of money, you could easily go through all that. I'd still live below my means but find some way to put some of that 10 million to work.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
That's honestly not a lot of money, you could easily go through all that. I'd still live below my means but find some way to put some of that 10 million to work.

If I had 10m dollars in the bank. I would put it to work. Nothing to see here... back to normal life just 10 million dollars richer.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

:rofl: :rofl:

Didn't know yachts can be that expensive, a bit over the top. 40 mill is some peasant stuff :hilarious:

Jim Pattision has a crazy yacht in the downtown Vancouver area, heard it costs about 6 figures to fill up just for fuel......yikes

This one's pretty nice, only 4 million dollars!

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA

:rofl: :rofl:

Didn't know yachts can be that expensive, a bit over the top. 40 mill is some peasant stuff :hilarious:
I googled them a bit ... apparently its a six figure expense just to put fuel in these things. They say to budget 10% of the initial purchase price as your annual operational cost. Yikes.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I googled them a bit ... apparently its a six figure expense just to put fuel in these things. They say to budget 10% of the initial purchase price as your annual operational cost. Yikes.

Renting is probably a better option, how many times do people even go out on their boats?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA

You can rent a smaller yacht for less than 1m... lol

View attachment 34308

View attachment 34309

And if you split it with friends its even cheaper.

Alright theres a new goal for me, I'm getting a yacht next summer :cool:
I was thinking one of these $40m yachts.

But back down to earth ... a week long trip on one of the ones you list would be really fun

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I was thinking one of these $40m yachts.

But back down to earth ... a week long trip on one of the ones you list would be really fun

Hmm I looked around for one of those...

They are about 1m a week :wideyed:

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hmm I looked around for one of those...

They are about 1m a week :wideyed:
Yeah ... that gives you an idea as to how much it costs to keep one of these things going. Kinda nuts.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Yeah ... that gives you an idea as to how much it costs to keep one of these things going. Kinda nuts.

Maybe one day we could all throw a fastlane party on a boat? :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.