The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

idea?

Idea threads

Megatron

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 17, 2015
Sioux Falls
I have been looking at websites/domains on flippa(mostly dropship sites and ecommerce websites)for some
time now. I just need input on the idea of purchasing a dropship website that's already setup with a dropshipping company and just focusing on marketing the website through social media. has anyone tried this?are there any success or fail stories? open to any advice

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
What's stopping you setting one up yourself?

Megatron

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 17, 2015
Sioux Falls
It'd be much more profitable and better to build your own.[/QUOTE]
Why spend a shit load of money for a shitty site that makes 1k month?

It'd be much more profitable and better to build your own.
I'll make sure the site is 100%, and it'd be much better to jump right in then starting from the ground up I think.

G

Guest34764

what's your reasoning?

This should be apparent once you go on the website and browse through the listings.Most of the websites are not unique and are simply made by someone who wants to turn a profit on a 50$ website.

You'd be much better off building your own.However, I have not bought a website from there.

Megatron

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 17, 2015
Sioux Falls
This should be apparent once you go on the website and browse through the listings.Most of the websites are not unique and are simply made by someone who wants to turn a profit on a 50$ website.

You'd be much better off building your own.However, I have not bought a website from there.
that's a good point, thanks

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Honestly, it really depends on the site IMHO.

You really have to do your DD on the backbones of the site - backlink profile, onpage SEO, social signals, how the site is getting traffic, etc. I mean there are just a ton of ways to get scammed if you don't know what you're doing. That's the biggest problem with buying a site anywhere - not just flippa. There are services that will do this for you if you find a site that you're willing to buy.

If you find a great site, than go for it. People that have the budgets to buy sites will do so for the purpose of building their portfolio. Others would rather build and sell. Remember, you get what you pay for.

With dropshipping, one idea is to take the highest 20% of the earners on the site and wholesale them instead of continuing to drop ship them to bump your margins up. You're just not going to see the profit you would have unless you're manufacturing / importing your own products.

A wise man on this forum told me that it's a good idea to start with dropshipping, build your site, and than introduce your own products on a site that's already gaining momentum.

No matter what you do, you have to start somewhere. Everyday you don't start, you're actually risking more than you would have it you did. If you fail, so what? Start over!

Wealth is a process, not an event! Slow and steady wins the race.

If it were me, I like to start my own stuff (which I'm working on now) but if I found a site I really loved and it was ME, I would buy it.

Good luck!

Stevie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.