The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Idea] Find out what visitors think about your site almost in seconds. Your thoughts?

Idea threads

JahvonCreamCone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Nov 9, 2013
Queens, New York
Hey guys, I have an idea i'm thinking about creating.

General idea: A program that basically lets visitors leave stickynotes on your website, that only you can see.

It isint some door slam pop up box. Just a small animation to the side of the site that follows you when you scroll down.

The visitor clicks on it, writes a sticky note, pins it somewhere on the website, and the website owner It sees it when he logs in.

It doesn't require their email. Its quick, fast, and doesn't require much effort on their end.

It lets your visitors give you feed back instantly. I can be used to tell you a link is broken on your site,

Or even that they like a product you have.

Id like to get your feed back on this, and maybe pick the idea apart.

Thanks in advance :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
There are already alot of things like this. Most are at the bottom of the screen and users can click on it to send a ticket, not sure if there are any as upfront as yours, though. But it may get a bit annoying for users to always have something hovering over the screens or devs would have to leave blank space for the notes.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
A big competitor here is those programs that record user screens and how they act on the site. That's big value... those work. This might work but is not a guaranteed idea..

But if you can do a fast MVP, run with it and just get it out!

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA

General idea: A program that basically lets visitors leave stickynotes on your website, that only you can see.

It isint some door slam pop up box. Just a small animation to the side of the site that follows you when you scroll down.

The visitor clicks on it, writes a sticky note, pins it somewhere on the website, and the website owner It sees it when he logs in.

It doesn't require their email. Its quick, fast, and doesn't require much effort on their end.

It lets your visitors give you feed back instantly. I can be used to tell you a link is broken on your site,

What sort of spam protection does the website owner get?

The current feedback forms usually include captcha or etc. if you added that - it would remove the simplicity and might as well add email :)

Not a bad idea though - i'm sure you'll have potential customers for it if its free

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA

Oh snap dude - I'm in queens, NY too haha!

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I use Crazy Egg and I can essentially see what users like/dislike using Heatmaps + A/B Testing.

What this might be better for is making notes for redesigning websites and re-writing copy. Most annotation software is designed for academic and legal use.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
I think it is a promising idea. I like it.

Adobe Acrobat uses a very similar feature on PDF documents (pop-up notes). Good collaboration tool. Might want to look at that for (some) inspiration.

Making sure the tool is manageable and user friendly will be a top priority. Put yourself in the shoes of the site owner then think about the potential problems that could pop up from low value posters posting here there and everywhere.

I think its an idea worth pursuing. :)

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Is this something like a online chat form fillout? The idea is innovative and good for lead generation. You immediately get to know the requirement of the visitor in their own words. Later one can go on a quick call and verify the requirements to confirm.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
How are you planning to monetize this?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.