The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I would LOVE some feedback on my new niche web design agency

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
Thanks for all the advice

I signed up my first client on Friday:

New website
monthly care plan
monthly SEO services

Pretty happy with that. It only took 14 days. I would say 0 to $2k in 2 weeks, but I don't wanna sound like a tool.

I've been improving my website as I go.

I'm about 60% happy with it now

More meetings scheduled for this week.

Gotta focus on the clients first.

I understand why some digital agencies don't have a great website. There's only so much time in the day. Sales pay the bills.

I might create a more focussed thread once I feel like I've achieved more of my goals.

Thanks again for the advice. Getting my a$$ kicked by you guys has helped a lot!

Nice, congrats on the first client.

How are you marketing your site to potential prospects? Or did your first customer come through WOM or your network? Did your site help you land the client?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mass

It's about time
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Just had another look at your website, saw it the first time it was done.

WOW

What a improvement! You've really done a 180 there!

Good to hear you've got a client on board. Excellent progress

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
As @Mass said, the actual version is much better.

Two additional things: if you could after the video stops it shows suggestions for unrelated videos so try to remove that somehow.

Second is the copyright notice on the bottom under the "Contact us" Form.
Or a some kind of a footer that would "close" the look of a website.
At least there should be something like "Copyright Legalsites 2019".

bumble_bee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 14, 2019
Nice, congrats on the first client.

How are you marketing your site to potential prospects? Or did your first customer come through WOM or your network? Did your site help you land the client?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cold emails, cold calls & networking

My first client actually came through a cold email

I researched local law firms that weren't present on the front page of relevant Google searches

They were one of them

I almost didn't email them because their website wasn't THAT bad

But they looked like they appreciate the VALUE in having a good website & online marketing (I checked out their social accounts and noticed some content marketing)

I shot through an email with a few specific observations

Waited a few days and received a response. We had a face to face meeting. I shot through a proposal. They spent a few days getting other quotes. Then they asked to speak on the phone again and they signed up. I intentionally priced myself on par with my competitors, even though I'm new to the game. They told me my pricing was pretty much on par with the competition. But they chose me over the rest because I was really responsive to their emails AND I expressed my commitment to build their brand.

What I've learned from this experience:

* Choose a niche. It shows that you are committed to becoming the BEST at your field.
* Be selective with who you reach out to. When you do, invest the time to be specific & add value. Show a genuine interest in their brand. 99% of people will just sent spammy generic emails because they just want to make a quick buck.
* Be responsive and prove that you are invested in their success. THIS is what enabled me to charge the same as more established brands. Tip: when I got home after our first meeting, I signed them up for two online directories that were receiving a large amount of traffic for their keywords. I quickly told them and then got to work on creating the proposal. It took 5 minutes and showed that I was invested in their success. FYI: the proposal was just slapped together on Google documents. No fancy graphics.

Summary: Do your best to show that you are invested in their success. This will set you apart from almost everyone else. When your clients do well, you do well.

Oh, and push the MRR from the start. My goal is to hit $10k MRR by 1 January 2020

bumble_bee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 14, 2019
Cold emails, cold calls & networking

My first client actually came through a cold email

I researched local law firms that weren't present on the front page of relevant Google searches

They were one of them

I almost didn't email them because their website wasn't THAT bad

But they looked like they appreciate the VALUE in having a good website & online marketing (I checked out their social accounts and noticed some content marketing)

I shot through an email with a few specific observations

Waited a few days and received a response. We had a face to face meeting. I shot through a proposal. They spent a few days getting other quotes. Then they asked to speak on the phone again and they signed up. I intentionally priced myself on par with my competitors, even though I'm new to the game. They told me my pricing was pretty much on par with the competition. But they chose me over the rest because I was really responsive to their emails AND I expressed my commitment to build their brand.

What I've learned from this experience:

* Choose a niche. It shows that you are committed to becoming the BEST at your field.
* Be selective with who you reach out to. When you do, invest the time to be specific & add value. Show a genuine interest in their brand. 99% of people will just sent spammy generic emails because they just want to make a quick buck.
* Be responsive and prove that you are invested in their success. THIS is what enabled me to charge the same as more established brands. Tip: when I got home after our first meeting, I signed them up for two online directories that were receiving a large amount of traffic for their keywords. I quickly told them and then got to work on creating the proposal. It took 5 minutes and showed that I was invested in their success. FYI: the proposal was just slapped together on Google documents. No fancy graphics.

Summary: Do your best to show that you are invested in their success. This will set you apart from almost everyone else. When your clients do well, you do well.

Oh, and push the MRR from the start. My goal is to hit $10k MRR by 1 January 2020

I'll also add -

There aren't many advantages to being a noob

Perhaps one advantage is the fact that you are more likely to be invested in the success of your clients. This is because you need to prove yourself. You will also be more responsive. Brands love this. More established digital agencies can't compete with this quality. It's one of the rare advantages I've discovered from being a noob ;)

I have been marketing this quality to all my leads. It helps me stand out.

Hope that helps

Overdrive

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 9, 2018
Taiwan
Hi Brendan,

Congrats on your first client and good job on the website redesign! It looks a lot better now.

Some issues that need to be fixed:

1. The "contact" tab is not working.

2. There should be an "About us" page that tells more about who you are.

3. There should be links to your privacy policy and your website's Terms of use. While most visitors will not care, lawyers do notice such details and not having them may disqualify you, especially if your job is to create websites for law firms.

bumble_bee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 14, 2019
**Progress Update**

Here I am at 'Pret A Manger'

It's the French version of Starbucks... well... almost

Better food and coffee

Starbucks has better wifi

And it’s hard to beat a Starbucks Coffee Frappuccino

Tried to do some work for my clients

Heading back to my hotel now

Need decent wifi

Feeling very content with life

2-3 months ago I launched a new business

I had to pinch myself when I realised I had achieved my main objective

What’s that?

Location freedom

I’m serving my Aussie clients while exploring Paris

That’s what it’s all about

Why create a business that enslaves you?

Too many people leave the 9-5 for the 24/7

I decided to use my law degree in a different way

Follow the path least traveled

It’s full of surprises

And you might wake up one day

In a French hotel room

With a free mini bar and extra towels

Or maybe you’ll just avoid peak hour traffic

Both options sound good to me

Attachments

• IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 6

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content