The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Will Not Let An Exam Result Decide My Fate

Anything related to matters of the mind

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We do not live in your parent's generation...

[video=youtube;D-eVF_G_p-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-eVF_G_p-Y[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
Great vid

His American Dream't video is also very good (I think it was posted on this forum at the time)

Sidenote;
One of the most positive life turning events for me was "failing" some exams. A great lesson for me in hindsight, it shattered some illusions

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
awesome video! Posted it to my facebook account however i know people will push back because they're so drilled into societies ways. They always do.

That i'd post these also; all great vids.

[video=youtube;tzcxOl4b7IA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzcxOl4b7IA[/video]

[video=youtube;y_ZmM7zPLyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZmM7zPLyI[/video]

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
He's brilliant, got my signature from that American't video.

5holiday

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jun 7, 2012
Awesome video. I love this guy's stuff!!

This video attacks the social attitude which holds that academic marks are accurate representations of a person's potential.

He does bag schools a bit though - which is a shame because I think they're generally useful. And that's coming from someone who got terrible marks in school!

Kids go through 12 years of bite-sized challenges, with defined rules and goals. One of the skills developed includes learning to apply yourself to seemingly boring or irrelevant tasks - and yet still perform. Surely, this is something we all encounter following our dreams or goals?

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

lookingahead

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 21, 2010
I agree with you 5holiday, I enjoy his videos as well but school does prepare you for certain things. Just like you said, school helps you actually focus on something you don't want to do because you have too. It also teaches you the beginning of networking (making friends and using them to help with study guides and what not), discipline, how to communicate etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
Great video, it is really a big inspiration to someone who experienced this kind of life. Because for me, the future of every person isn’t based on some exam result. It is based through knowledge and talent and persistence.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I do agree that one should not allow the results of an exam determine their potential or worth. However, from my experience, most will be defined and limited by their laziness and sense of entitlement.

While it is a cool video and a great message, to the viewer it is an event. Most viewers will still be too lazy to do anything about it.

I find it interesting, as an educator, that many of my students do not want to be told what to do but when not told what to do would willingly choose to do nothing. Sit on the couch, watch TV, and each chicken nuggets.

For example, I hosted my second annual cardboard boat float yesterday. The event was optional but encouraged. It was a fun science experiment. Over 50% of my students chose not to participate but complained about having to watch the others. Why not collect a scrap box, tape it up, and float it in 18 inches of water?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.