I have a product which I plan to launch nationwide in the near future.
This will be sold to small independent shops, for the most part.
I want to sell COD. I do not want to have net 30 terms, or even net 10 terms. I don't get that from my suppliers, and I don't think I should "have to" be a bank for my customers. If I have learned anything from Millennials, it's that we can change the rules and do things differently.
Yes, this will limit my business somewhat. I'm willing to take that chance. But I think the gains will outpace the losses. I have had business ventures in the past where I had to chase my money. I hate it with a passion. If someone orders a product from overseas, it's pay to play - no credit.
I'm looking for opinions on that method of launching. I want to be like Amazon - you want my product - you pay for my product, and they you get my product. You want credit, call Citi-card - not me.
The plain fact of the matter is that I cannot blanket the entire country, like I want to, AND finance it. I think it's a fair trade - I supply a great product that will generate my customers money - they play the game by my rules, and we all win.
Anyone have experience in running this type or arrangement? Thanks ~
This will be sold to small independent shops, for the most part.
I want to sell COD. I do not want to have net 30 terms, or even net 10 terms. I don't get that from my suppliers, and I don't think I should "have to" be a bank for my customers. If I have learned anything from Millennials, it's that we can change the rules and do things differently.
Yes, this will limit my business somewhat. I'm willing to take that chance. But I think the gains will outpace the losses. I have had business ventures in the past where I had to chase my money. I hate it with a passion. If someone orders a product from overseas, it's pay to play - no credit.
I'm looking for opinions on that method of launching. I want to be like Amazon - you want my product - you pay for my product, and they you get my product. You want credit, call Citi-card - not me.
The plain fact of the matter is that I cannot blanket the entire country, like I want to, AND finance it. I think it's a fair trade - I supply a great product that will generate my customers money - they play the game by my rules, and we all win.
Anyone have experience in running this type or arrangement? Thanks ~
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
