The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Welcome to The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum.

Register Log in
  • The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

Real Estate I signed all those papers for nothing??

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
I assume this could also impact some of the individuals that dealt in the seller carryback arena, especially those that purchased them on the 2nd market.

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
Wow! Great article. I guess that's what happens when you're moving all these documents through the packaging process without making sure of their completeness or accuracy. While there are some who can leverage this opportunity where they shouldn't be able to, there are probably plenty of others who are at risk of being taken advantage of by banks or securities firms who can't produce the necessary documentation. If you can not produce the legal document that says you control my note, you're out. Possession is 9/10 of the law!! ;)

EDIT: Speed++ for great market info for REI people. Thanks Edge!!

MJ DeMarco

Raving Lunatic
Staff member
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Jul 23, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Indeed an eye-opening article. The guy "Lents" smells like a typical crook who is simply manipulating a failed system.

Aside from this, does anybody see the HUGE need exposed in this article? A business idea that could be worth billions?

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
Maybe a corp that could be used to track through all the muck and find these titles that are "Lost"? On the other end, a company that can handle verification to alleviate a problem like this in the first place by ensuring data accuracy. Am I on the right track here, MJ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Search Forum