For my B&M business, I own the name of the store.net, as .com was not available.
Using Whois Lookup, I found the owner of the .com site (which is not currently being utilized), and tried to e-mail him to see if he would sell it to me, but got no response. The guy is in Japan, so I'm considering having the messages translated to Japanese and sending again - think this would help?
How important is it to have .COM address for a B&M business (that will eventually expand to e-commerce)?
Should I own any of the alternatives? .ORG, name with a dash, etc? Which ones would be most important to get?
Using Whois Lookup, I found the owner of the .com site (which is not currently being utilized), and tried to e-mail him to see if he would sell it to me, but got no response. The guy is in Japan, so I'm considering having the messages translated to Japanese and sending again - think this would help?
How important is it to have .COM address for a B&M business (that will eventually expand to e-commerce)?
Should I own any of the alternatives? .ORG, name with a dash, etc? Which ones would be most important to get?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
