I have been selling power supplies and chargers for around 8 years but i'm honest enough to admit that i've always been a follower rather than a leader.
During these years i've built a business selling these products into sales of around $90,000 a month. I've done this by basically looking at these products on Ebay from other sellers and checking how many they've sold. Ebay is good for providing that information!. Then i simply source the product and list it on Ebay, Amazon, website. Job done. Repeat.
We've recently branched into battery products also and It's now time for our company to lead. But how do i now decide what products to buy? Our products are database driven and i've got at least 8000 products to choose from. I feel like i need to overcome this is if my business is to reach it's full potential. The thought of being the first person to buy a product that nobody else is currently selling and it doesn't sell does concern me. All the products i've previously bought have had sales history from other sellers so i know that they would sell. I can't be like this forever. It's stifling growth.
If i've got a budget of $15,000 do i simply order as many models batteries as i can afford, maybe maximum 2pcs per SKU to test market? Then rinse and repeat? I could probably buy 2000 different models with that amount.
Dropshipping isn't not really the answer either, it's not a great method for selling on Ebay or Amazon. I've got one competitor with a massive amount of products in our niche. I know they didn't start like that they've obviously built this up over time. I need a strategy/method for building our product selection up.
During these years i've built a business selling these products into sales of around $90,000 a month. I've done this by basically looking at these products on Ebay from other sellers and checking how many they've sold. Ebay is good for providing that information!. Then i simply source the product and list it on Ebay, Amazon, website. Job done. Repeat.
We've recently branched into battery products also and It's now time for our company to lead. But how do i now decide what products to buy? Our products are database driven and i've got at least 8000 products to choose from. I feel like i need to overcome this is if my business is to reach it's full potential. The thought of being the first person to buy a product that nobody else is currently selling and it doesn't sell does concern me. All the products i've previously bought have had sales history from other sellers so i know that they would sell. I can't be like this forever. It's stifling growth.
If i've got a budget of $15,000 do i simply order as many models batteries as i can afford, maybe maximum 2pcs per SKU to test market? Then rinse and repeat? I could probably buy 2000 different models with that amount.
Dropshipping isn't not really the answer either, it's not a great method for selling on Ebay or Amazon. I've got one competitor with a massive amount of products in our niche. I know they didn't start like that they've obviously built this up over time. I need a strategy/method for building our product selection up.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
